What To Know Before Purchasing Advance Tickets
- Can my tickets be refunded or exchanged?
All sales are final. No refunds or exchanges are granted. Tickets are date specific.
- Do we have to be there at 9:00am, (the time listed on our Internet confirmations)?
No. Tickets are good for all day.
- The Internet will not allow me to purchase tickets. Are you at capacity for that particular day?
No. Internet sales stop at 4 pm one day prior to the visit date.
- Do I need to purchase advanced tickets? Will I still be allowed in the museum if I do not pre-purchase tickets?
Advance tickets are not required. Tickets may be purchased at the ticket counter. During peak visitation time, guests may incur a wait.
- Why do you stop selling tickets at 4:00pm?
Guests should anticipate spending 2 — 2½ hours visiting the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library & Museum. Depending on your level of interest, some guests will spend all day at the Museum. Please note our Museum hours.
- Do you accept the Golden Age Passport?
The Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library & Museum is an Illinois owned facility. Golden Age Passports are accepted only at federally owned sites.
- Do you take American Express or Discover?
Ticket purchases may be made with a Visa or MasterCard. The Museum Gift Shop does accept all forms of credit cards.
- Does this ticket allow me into the Library?
Guests do not need a ticket to view the Library.
- Do you have a multi-day pass?
The museum offers daily admission tickets only.
- Do you have a membership program?
Yes. Please see our web page on how to become a foundation member: http://www.alplm.org/foundation/foundation.html
- Do you have to purchase your tickets for a specific time?
Tickets are not time specific.
- If I do not see the whole museum, can I use my ticket to visit tomorrow or do you offer a discount for the next day?
General admission tickets must be purchased for each day's visit.
- What do I do if I have Internet tickets or will-call tickets?
All guests with pre-purchased tickets need to check-in at the Information Desk.
- Do you have a reciprocal agreement with other national or state museums?
Yes, the museum is affiliated with Time Travelers.
- May I eat in the cafe without purchasing a ticket?
Yes, guests for Subway must check-in with Security to obtain a café pass.
- Do you validate the parking garage ticket?
The parking garage is owned and operated by Systems Parking, Inc. The Museum does not validate parking tickets.
- What are the theater times?
Show times are posted at each theater and are subject to change. Performances begin promptly at posted time. No admittance after doors close and show begins.
- How long does it take to tour the museum?
Guests should expect to spend 2 to 2½ hours visiting the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library & Museum. Depending on your level of interest, some guests will spend all day at the Museum.
- Where is the handicap parking?
Handicap parking is located on the south end of the Abraham Lincoln Presidential parking garage. Guests may be dropped off on Jefferson Street and picked-up on Sixth Street.
- Should I bring a little sweater or jacket?
Yes. Due to the artifacts on display, the Museum temperature is kept at 70 degrees year-round.