Any company, not-for-profit organization or individual wishing to rent a venue at the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library & Museum must present a certificate of insurance 30 days before the event date. Such insurance shall be with a commercial insurance firm acceptable to the State.
Only State of Illinois agencies and Federal government agencies do not have to provide insurance. If you have any questions regarding insurance requirements, please give the Facilities Rental Office a call.
- Please contact your insurance agent to request a Certificate of Liability Insurance.
- The policy must provide that it cannot be cancelled without at least 10 days prior written notice to the Agency.
- The insurance policy shall provide General Public Liability and Property Damage in a general aggregate amount not less than $1,000,000 for each occurrence.
- The policy shall cover bodily injury not less then $500,000 for each occurrence and in the aggregate.
- It shall cover property damage for any peril not less than $100,000 for each occurrence and in the aggregate.
- The Certificate must name the following as "Additional Insured:"
The State of Illinois
Illinois Historic Preservation Agency
The Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library & Museum
Illinois Historic Preservation Agency Board of Trustees,
its employees and volunteers
- Please send the Certificate to the Facilities Rental Office by mail, or email (Britta.Brackney@illinois.gov).
- For individuals renting a venue at the ALPLM, a one-time "Special Event" insurance policy must be purchased.
NOTE: Rental clients choosing an outside caterer will need to have the caterer provide insurance as described in the Facilities Rental Policies document.