BCCS provides secure and reliable communications channels and networking components that are required to deliver all forms of data. By using fiber optic cabling, Internet dial-up access, T1s, DSOs, radio transmission circuits, and other types of telecommunication facilities we are able to satisfy your data communication needs. Multiple vendors are under contract to provide equipment, service, maintenance, and repair. BCCS telecommunications services are available to all state agencies, boards, commissions, universities, offices of the Illinois House and Senate, and Constitutional Officers.
||110% of Vendor Rate|
|Off-Net Data Circuits/Summary Tape
||110% of Vendor Rates|
|Network Data Circuits
||T1 on ICN
What is Included?
- Annual maintenance on covered equipment and services
- Project coordination with BCCS Network Services design engineers as needed
- Engineering design by BCCS Network Services for circuits on the Illinois Century Network (ICN)
- Equipment and data communication facility ordering
- Installation scheduling
- Data communications inventory management
- Requests for non-standard services should be directed to the Customer Solutions Center (CSC) at the number listed below.
What Should You Expect?
- Ordering tasks are performed during regular business hours, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- CSC Communications Systems Specialists (CSS) are dedicated to providing price quotations and low-cost alternatives, clarifying order information, monitoring order status, and updating billing information. They also help with the analysis and development of the appropriate product and service mix to fulfill specific short and long term customer needs
- Integrated ordering, inventory, and billing in a shared database that's accessible to customer Telecom Coordinators to enable service order tracking, usage reporting and billing review. Customer Telecom Coordinators also receive automatic Service Bulletins announcing changes in equipment offerings, price, and procurement procedures.
- Automated agency billing - included in monthly call detail provided by CMS Business Services
- Detailed trouble tickets documenting repair/maintenance issues through to successful resolution
- Coordination of training in the efficient use of products and services
How Can You Help?
- Perform a routine review of billing for errors, underutilized service, special features and equipment
- Provide a designated agency contact and related contact information for BCCS to interface with when needed
- Perform an annual reconciliation to insure accurate assignment
- Review billing for use of approved grant funds