The Department of Agriculture is now accepting applications for qualified individuals who are interested in summer employment. Please download a copy of the summer application form. Completed form should be sent to:
Human Resource Office
IL Dept. of Agriculture
P.O. Box 19281
Springfield, IL 62794-9281
The Illinois State Fair is seeking volunteers to help staff information booths. The information booths are located at various locations throughout the fairgrounds. Workers are needed from 10 a.m. - 3 p.m. or 3 p.m. - 8 p.m. You can volunteer three days or all ten days. The fair is held August 9th-19th. Workers are provided with all the information needed to answer questions by fairgoers as well as gate and parking passes, and State Fair t-shirts. A training workshop will be held on August 6th at 1 p.m. at the Emmerson Building. Volunteers are also needed in the State Fair Museum.
- The 2018 Illinois State Fair will be held August 9th-19th.
- Volunteers are needed in several areas including;
- Information Booths: Staff information booth; assist fair-goers. Six Information Booths are located at the Illinois State Fair. Information booths are conveniently located across from the north end of the Grandstand, on Main Street at the four-way stop, south of the pedestrian tunnel, at the three way stop near the Livestock Center at the end of Central Avenue, Gate 2 at Peoria Rd and Sangamon Avenue and near the entrance of the Main Gate. 10 a.m. - 3 p.m. or 3 p.m. - 8 p.m.
- Illinois State Fair Museum; Greet fair-goers and help introduce the museum. Located in the Grandstand. 10 a.m. - 3 p.m. or 3 p.m. - 7 p.m.
- Office assistant in the Emerson Building in the State Fair office. 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- Floaters; Upon arrival for volunteer assignment, assist where needed.
- Exposition Building: Greet fair-goers and provide daily schedules. 10 a.m. - 3 p.m. or 3 p.m. - 7 p.m.
- Greeters at gates 1 and 2 ( Sangamon Ave). 10 a.m. - 3 p.m. or 3 p.m. - 7 p.m.
- Water sales at the museum 10 a.m. - 3 p.m. or 3 p.m. - 8 p.m.
- Water sales at various locations on the fairgrounds 10 a.m. - 3 p.m. or 3 p.m. - 7 p.m.
- Setting up the museum (under the Grandstand) 11 a.m. - 2 p.m. any day July - August.
- Minimum of 15 hours of total time needed from volunteers. Of course, you can volunteer for additional hours.
- Free State Fair T-shirt, free admission and parking.
- Training workshop to be held on August 5th at 1 p.m. (not mandatory, about 1 hour)
- Download an application
- For additional information or questions, please contact Dennis Morris at 217-782-0777.