NOTICE OF FUNDING OPPORTUNITY
Project Period 2017-2018
The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) and the Serve Illinois Commission (Serve Illinois), in cooperation with the Corporation for National and Community Service (CNCS), are now accepting applications for the AmeriCorps*State grant.
AmeriCorps grants are awarded to eligible organizations for the purpose of supporting AmeriCorps members and addressing community needs. An AmeriCorps Member is an individual who is enrolled in an approved national service position and engages in community service. Members may receive a living allowance and other benefits while serving. Upon successful completion of their service members receive an education award from the National Service Trust.
CNCS awards AmeriCorps State Formula funds to Governor-appointed state service commissions. The Serve Illinois Commission is responsible for administering these funds and overseeing all of the AmeriCorps grants awarded to the state.
All applicants must apply to IDPH via the Serve Illinois Commission through the eGrants systems (see application instructions). An applicant must attend one of the three scheduled bidders webinars. An application will not be considered for funding if an applicant did not attend the required bidders conference. It is at the discretion of the applicant to determine which to attend.
If you are a multi-state program that plans to apply directly to CNCS, please complete the following consultation form.
National Direct Consultation Form - For AmeriCorps*National Programs Operating in Illinois
PDF Form [190KB]
Word Form [164KB]
Please RSVP your bidders conference attendance by emailing us.
*Amendment Notice: The NOFO was amended on September 7, 2016 to add "4. Program Participation Requirements" on page 5 and to clarify Illinois' National Service Criminal History Check Requirements on pages 27 and 28. The version linked below is the most up-to-date document.*
*Special Note: The eGrants application is live. Applicants should apply to the following application numbers:
- Programs in year 1 or year 2 - continue you current application
- New or recompete fixed programs (Professional Corps and Education Award Only) - apply to 17ES189676
- New or recompete traditional programs - apply to 17AC189677
*Special Note: Due to several requests, we have added one more bidders webinar for Wednesday, Nov 2 from 10-12pm. See below for more details.*
*Special Note: All applicants must attend one of the four bidders webinars. A letter of intent to apply IS NOT needed. Your participation in one of the bidders conference will be seen as an intent to apply.*
*Special Note: The Corporation lists the due date as January 18, 2017. This is the national due date. All applications must be in to Serve Illinois by December 2, 2016*
- November 18, 2016 (no later than 5:00 pm CST) – Last day to submit questions
- December 2, 2016 (no later than 5:00 pm CST) – Applications due to Serve Illinois via eGrants
- December, 2016 - January, 2017 – Competitive Application Technical Assistance and Submission
- February - April, 2017 – Peer Review of all applications
- May - June, 2017 – Competitive and Formula Award Notification
- July 1, 2017 – Earliest Program Start Date (Competitive)
- August 7, 2017 – Earliest Program Start Date (Formula)
For detailed instructions refer to the attached federal Announcement of Federal Funding Opportunity, Application Instructions, and the Request for Applications.