The Workforce/Jobs News section provides access to all State of Illinois press releases that have been published relating to employment, the creation of jobs, and issues impacting the Illinois workforce.
- 04/06/2015 - Illinois OSHA Recognizes Lafayette Steel & Aluminum Sales LLC with SHARP Status
Franklin Park — The Illinois Department of Labor – Illinois OSHA is pleased to announce the newest worksite to be recognized for their achievements in occupational safety and health: Lafayette Steel & Aluminum Sales LLC – Franklin Park, Illinois.
- 12/18/2014 - Governor Quinn Announces Illinois’ Unemployment Rate Hits New Low
CHICAGO – Governor Pat Quinn today announced that Illinois’ unemployment rate fell to its lowest point in more than six years. Last month the state’s jobless rate fell to 6.4 percent, its lowest point since June 2008 and lower than when the Governor took office. In addition, the state added 2,300 jobs in November, for a total gain to approximately 300,000 jobs since the economic recovery started in February 2010.
- 10/30/2014 - Governor Quinn Joins UI LABS to Break Ground on New Digital Manufacturing Hub
CHICAGO – Governor Pat Quinn today was joined by U.S. Senator Dick Durbin, Mayor Rahm Emanuel and leadership from UI LABS to break ground on UI LABS’ future headquarters and the new Digital Manufacturing and Design Innovation Institute (DMDII). The event is part of Governor Quinn’s agenda to create jobs and drive Illinois’ economy forward.
- 10/29/2014 - Governor Quinn Announces Cronus Has Chosen Illinois for New $1.4 Billion Fertilizer Plant
- 10/28/2014 - Governor Quinn, Senator Durbin and Amazon Announce 1,000 Full-Time Jobs in Illinois
- 10/27/2014 - Governor Quinn Announces Coyote Logistics to Expand in Illinois, Create 500 New Jobs
- 10/17/2014 - Governor Quinn Visits Chicago Chocolate Business as Illinois Comeback Continues
- 10/16/2014 - Governor Quinn Announces Investment in Macon County South East Beltway