The Workforce/Jobs News section provides access to all State of Illinois press releases that have been published relating to employment, the creation of jobs, and issues impacting the Illinois workforce.
- 09/01/2015 - Governor Bruce Rauner Proclaims Workforce Development Week
SPRINGFIELD – Governor Bruce Rauner proclaimed this week, August 31 – September 6, 2015, Workforce Development Week in Illinois to highlight the vital role education and training play in helping Illinois residents prepare for in-demand careers, that provide employers with a skilled, qualified workforce to grow our state’s economy. Workforce Development Week celebrates a new era of collaboration and coordination of federal, state and local resources and workforce development programs under the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA), which went into effect July 1, 2015.
- 05/20/2015 - IL Nursing Survey Reveals Approaching RN Shortage
SPRINGFIELD, IL – Illinois may soon face a shortage of Registered Nurses, across all specialties, as an aging workforce readies to retire, according to a survey conducted by The Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation (IDFPR) – Illinois Center for Nursing. The 2014 Illinois Registered Nurse (RN) Workforce Survey also finds that despite the increasing diversity of our state, the cultural and gender diversity of our future RN workforce is in decline.
- 04/29/2015 - Governor Rauner and Director Chaviano Commemorate Workers’ Memorial Day at Essentra Specialty Tapes
FOREST PARK — Governor Bruce Rauner and Illinois Department of Labor Director, Hugo Chaviano, visited Essentra Specialty Tapes in Forest Park yesterday to commemorate the 44th Annual Workers’ Memorial Day. The Governor and Director highlighted the importance of preventing workplace injuries and fatalities and a renewed commitment to workplace health and safety.
- 04/06/2015 - Illinois OSHA Recognizes Lafayette Steel & Aluminum Sales LLC with SHARP Status
- 12/18/2014 - Governor Quinn Announces Illinois’ Unemployment Rate Hits New Low
- 10/30/2014 - Governor Quinn Joins UI LABS to Break Ground on New Digital Manufacturing Hub
- 10/29/2014 - Governor Quinn Announces Cronus Has Chosen Illinois for New $1.4 Billion Fertilizer Plant
- 10/28/2014 - Governor Quinn, Senator Durbin and Amazon Announce 1,000 Full-Time Jobs in Illinois