The Transportation News section provides access to all State of Illinois press releases that have been published about transportation safety, roads, innovations, and public transportation.
- 07/02/2015 - IDOT, State and Local Police Join Forces for Fourth of July Safety Campaign: “Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over”
SPRINGFIELD – Our nation’s birthday, arguably the most patriotic day of the year, falls in the middle of summer, when Americans are enjoying their freedom and the opportunity to participate in Fourth of July festivities with family and friends. But Independence Day can be one of the deadliest holidays for those who aren’t careful when their celebrations include alcohol. The holiday can quickly move from festive to fatal for those who choose to drive after drinking.
- 05/21/2015 - IDOT Suspends Non-Emergency Road Work for Memorial Day Holiday Weekend
SPRINGFIELD – The Memorial Day holiday weekend is expected to be a busy one on Illinois roads. Today, the Illinois Department of Transportation (IDOT) announced that non-emergency roadwork will be suspended, where possible, from 3 p.m. Friday, May 22 until 12 a.m. Tuesday, May 26.
Lanes will be opened where possible, in an effort to improve traffic flow and reduce congestion for holiday travelers. Motorists should be alert, as lane closures in some work zones will remain in effect. Please slow down, eliminate distractions, and use extra caution while driving through all work zones. Work zone speed limits remain in effect wherever they are posted.
- 05/21/2015 - IDOT, ISP: Drive Safe, Drive Smart Over Memorial Day Weekend
SPRINGFIELD – With the busy summer travel season beginning this holiday weekend, the Illinois Department of Transportation (IDOT) was joined today by the Illinois State Police (ISP) and more than 350 local law enforcement agencies to remind motorists that they will be out in force, working around the clock to keep Illinois roads safe through Memorial Day.
- 05/19/2015 - IDOT Announces “2015 Airport of the Year” Recipients
- 05/15/2015 - IDOT Listening Tour Wraps Up with Nine Stops
- 05/14/2015 - New Multi-Year Highway Construction Plan Released
- 05/12/2015 - IDOT, ISP, Local Law Enforcement Begin Click It or Ticket Campaign
- 05/06/2015 - Riding Season Here, IDOT Urging Motorists to “Start Seeing Motorcycles”