The Transportation News section provides access to all State of Illinois press releases that have been published about transportation safety, roads, innovations, and public transportation.
- 02/04/2016 - IDOT, ISP: Make a Super Bowl Game Plan
SPRINGFIELD – Millions of people will gather this Sunday to watch the Super Bowl. Many will celebrate with alcohol. As part of the Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over campaign, the Illinois Department of Transportation (IDOT), Illinois State Police (ISP) and police and sheriff’s departments throughout Illinois strongly urge fans to come up with a game plan now: drinking or driving, but not both.
- 01/05/2016 - Illinois Winter Road Conditions in One Click
SPRINGFIELD – The Illinois Department of Transportation reminds motorists to bookmark gettingaroundillinois.com on their computers and smartphones for quick access to the latest winter road conditions. The Getting Around Illinois map is updated 24/7 during winter weather, providing motorists with the latest information on what to expect before heading out on the roads.
- 12/30/2015 - IDOT: Illinois Law Enforcement Working Overtime this New Year’s Eve
CHICAGO – As 2015 comes to a close, the Illinois Department of Transportation (IDOT), Illinois State Police (ISP) and nearly 200 law enforcement agencies throughout the state will be working overtime this New Year’s holiday weekend. The effort has one simple goal – to save lives and reduce fatalities and serious injuries on Illinois roadways.
- 12/21/2015 - IDOT, Law Enforcement: Drunk Driving Ruins the Holidays
- 12/04/2015 - Buckle Up, No Matter Where You Sit
- 12/01/2015 - “Winter Weather – Get it Together”
- 11/23/2015 - Celebrate Thanksgiving Tradition of Buckling Up, Driving Sober
- 11/20/2015 - Snow Expected to Impact Travel in Illinois this Weekend