The Transportation News section provides access to all State of Illinois press releases that have been published about transportation safety, roads, innovations, and public transportation.
- 03/24/2015 - Motorists Urged to ‘Expect the Unexpected’ in Work Zones this Construction Season in Illinois
SPRINGFIELD – The Illinois Department of Transportation (IDOT), Illinois State Police (ISP) and the Illinois Tollway were joined by their industry partners today to kick off National Work Zone Awareness Week with a reminder to all Illinois motorists: Expect the unexpected driving through work zones. To signal the start of construction season and call attention to the dangers of driving in work zones, Governor Bruce Rauner has signed a proclamation designating this week as “Work Zone Safety Week” in Illinois.
- 03/12/2015 - IDOT, Illinois State Police, Local Law Enforcement:
Luck Alone Will Not Get You Home on St. Patrick’s Day
SPRINGFIELD – Leading up to the St. Patrick’s Day holiday, many Illinoisans will don their green, white and orange to celebrate. If your celebration involves alcohol at a local parade, pub or party, no luck of the Irish will protect you from the dangers presented by drunk or impaired drivers.
- 02/20/2015 - Snow and Freezing Rain to Impact Travel in Illinois
SPRINGFIELD – The Illinois Department of Transportation (IDOT) announced today that a winter storm is expected to produce measurable snowfall and freezing rain in parts of Illinois tonight and Saturday, creating the possibility of hazardous travel conditions.
- 01/31/2015 - Heavy Snowfall, Strong Winds to Create Hazardous Conditions Tonight and Super Bowl Sunday
- 12/30/2014 - Illinois to Experience Sixth Straight Year with Fewer than 1,000 Motor Vehicle Fatalities
- 12/18/2014 - Law Enforcement, IDOT Make Final Push to Save Lives in 2014, Roadside Safety Checks Planned Over Holidays
- 11/26/2014 - Governor Quinn Announces $1.9 Million Investments for Western Illinois Construction Projects
- 11/26/2014 - Governor Quinn Announces $25.8 Million Investments for Southern Illinois Construction Projects