The Transportation News section provides access to all State of Illinois press releases that have been published about transportation safety, roads, innovations, and public transportation.
- 04/21/2015 - IDOT Launches Statewide Listening Tour to Discuss Illinois Infrastructure Needs, Priorities
SPRINGFIELD – The Illinois Department of Transportation, in conjunction with the Illinois Capital Development Board, announced today the start of a series of listening sessions over the next month to discuss the state’s infrastructure needs and the steps required to make sure the right investments are being made to keep Illinois competitive in a 21st century global economy. The meetings will be held in multiple communities throughout the state, with a goal of presenting Governor Rauner’s office with a comprehensive package of recommendations for consideration this spring.
- 04/15/2015 - Motorcycle Season Revs Up, Riders Urged to “Gear Up-Ride Smart”
SPRINGFIELD – Spring is rolling in, the weather is getting warmer and motorcycles are emerging from winter hibernation. Before riders hit the road, the Illinois Department of Transportation (IDOT) and the Illinois Motorcycle Dealers Association are reminding them to invest in their safety and “Gear Up-Ride Smart.”
- 04/14/2015 - IDOT’s Operation Teen Safe Driving Program Announces 2014-15 Winning Schools
SPRINGFIELD – The Illinois Department of Transportation, Ford Motor Company Fund, Allstate Foundation, Illinois Secretary of State Jesse White and Illinois State Police today announced the winning schools from each of the seven regions of the 2014-15 Operation Teen Safe Driving (OTSD) program.
- 03/24/2015 - Motorists Urged to ‘Expect the Unexpected’ in Work Zones this Construction Season in Illinois
- 03/12/2015 - IDOT, Illinois State Police, Local Law Enforcement:
Luck Alone Will Not Get You Home on St. Patrick’s Day
- 02/20/2015 - Snow and Freezing Rain to Impact Travel in Illinois
- 01/31/2015 - Heavy Snowfall, Strong Winds to Create Hazardous Conditions Tonight and Super Bowl Sunday
- 12/30/2014 - Illinois to Experience Sixth Straight Year with Fewer than 1,000 Motor Vehicle Fatalities