The Tourism/Recreation News section provides access to all State of Illinois press releases that have been published about state tourism and issues relating to vacation and recreation opportunities within the state.
- 08/30/2016 - Starved Rock State Park Parking Limited Due to High Water
UTICA – Travelers planning a trip to Starved Rock State Park near Utica over the Labor Day weekend, Sept. 3-5, should be prepared for limited parking and park closures. Due to recent rains, the Illinois River has reached the parking lot, limiting available parking spaces on what is expected to be a busy weekend with a high volume of park visitors.
- 08/19/2016 - Illinois Department of Labor Honors Futures for Kids Day at Illinois State Fair with Manufacturing Exhibit
SPRINGFIELD—In honor of Futures for Kids Day at the Illinois State Fair, Illinois OSHA, a division of the Illinois Department of Labor, invites the public to participate in an engaging manufacturing exhibit in the Governor’s Tent.
- 08/16/2016 - Dreams Achieved At The Illinois State Fair
SPRINGFIELD, Ill. – “This is the showcase for Illinois Agriculture… the Super Bowl for
4-H and FFA exhibitors” –Orion Samuelson
The Governor’s Sale of Champion has always been the crown jewel of agricultural events at the Illinois State Fair, and this year was no exception. For the second year in a row, the sale was held in the Coliseum. This grand venue serves as the pinnacle forum for an ag exhibitor.
- 08/10/2016 - Three Doors Down To Perform At Illinois State Fair On August 21
- 08/08/2016 - IDoA hosts Senior Day during the Illinois State Fair
- 08/02/2016 - Illinois State Fair Launches New Mobile App
- 07/25/2016 - IDNR Announces 2016–17 Waterfowl Season Dates
- 07/22/2016 - Discount Admission Tickets Available For Purchase At Area Retailers