The Tourism/Recreation News section provides access to all State of Illinois press releases that have been published about state tourism and issues relating to vacation and recreation opportunities within the state.
- 02/02/2017 - More Opportunities. Let’s Go Turkey Hunting on Private Property.
SPRINGFIELD, IL – IDNR’s Illinois Recreational Access Program (IRAP), has added Adult turkey hunting to its growing list of activities on private land in Illinois. Adult turkey hunting for third and fourth season is available in Christian, Clark, Fayette, Greene, Macoupin, McDonough, Sangamon and Schuyler counties to any registered hunter.
- 01/12/2017 - IDNR announces $3.6 Million in Land and Water Conservation Grants
SPRINGFIELD, IL – The Illinois Department of Natural Resources (IDNR) announced today that more than $3.6 million in federal grant funding has been approved for local governments to purchase land to be used for public access and recreation. Funding for the program is made available through the National Park Service’s Land and Water Conservation Fund (LWCF).
- 01/10/2017 - Multi-state license fraud investigation results in over $85,000 in fines and restitution
SPRINGFIELD - Illinois Conservation Police and Indiana Conservation Officers investigated cases of hunting license/permit fraud beginning in early 2015 extending through 2016 that has resulted in over $85,000 in fines and restitution.
- 12/21/2016 - Gov. Rauner announces over $1 Million in Recreational Trail Grants
- 11/09/2016 - IDNR Reminds Hunters to Make Safety a Priority
- 10/31/2016 - Holiday Mega Pass Sales Begin November 1
- 10/12/2016 - Starved Rock Visitors Can Expect Big Crowds Again this Weekend
- 10/04/2016 - Visitors Should Expect Traffic Delays, Temporary Closures During Columbus Day Weekend at Starved Rock State Park