The Tourism/Recreation News section provides access to all State of Illinois press releases that have been published about state tourism and issues relating to vacation and recreation opportunities within the state.
- 03/10/2017 - More Than 1,000 Youth to Compete in Illinois State Archery Tournament March 24th and 25th
SPRINGFIELD – The Illinois Department of Natural Resources will host the National Archery in the Schools Program (NASP) Illinois State Tournament on Friday, March 24th, and Saturday, March 25th, at the Orr Building on the Illinois State Fairgrounds in Springfield. Participation remains strong as 1,120 archers from 38 schools have registered to compete. Participation in the State Tournament has climbed steadily from 400 in 2012 to 1,120 this year.
- 03/02/2017 - IDNR Awards Illinois Biodiversity Field Trip Grants to Schools
SPRINGFIELD, IL – Illinois Department of Natural Resources (IDNR) Director Wayne Rosenthal today announced the awarding of more than $98,000 in donated funds from the Illinois Biodiversity Field Trip Grant Program. More than 8,300 students will visit Illinois state parks, museums and other natural resources sites this year to learn about nature and conservation thanks to grant funding through the 102 field trip grants.
- 02/27/2017 - Returning Illinois Products Expo Offers 'Taste of Illinois Agriculture'
SPRINGFIELD, IL – This year, the 19th annual Illinois Products Expo will offer a ‘Taste of Illinois agriculture’ as visitors will be able to taste, sample and purchase all of what Illinois has to offer. Dozens of Illinois food companies, wineries and agricultural associations will take part in the upcoming agricultural showcase on the Illinois State Fairgrounds.
- 02/21/2017 - Stars and Legends to Perform at 2017 Illinois State Fair
- 02/02/2017 - More Opportunities. Let’s Go Turkey Hunting on Private Property.
- 01/12/2017 - IDNR announces $3.6 Million in Land and Water Conservation Grants
- 01/10/2017 - Multi-state license fraud investigation results in over $85,000 in fines and restitution
- 12/21/2016 - Gov. Rauner announces over $1 Million in Recreational Trail Grants