The Technology News section provides access to all State of Illinois press releases that have been published about how the state is embracing and promoting technologies such as broadband, open data, cloud computing, nanotechnology, biotechnology, and other technological advances.
- 02/02/2017 - State of Illinois, U of I System Launch ‘Smart State’ Partnership
SPRINGFIELD, IL – The State of Illinois and University of Illinois System announced a new partnership today which advances Illinois as the nation’s premier ‘Smart State’, integrating next-generation technology to improve quality of life, grow the state’s economy and retain and attract residents.
- 01/18/2017 - Reality Check App Puts Career Planning Tools in the Hands of Youth, Job Seekers
SPRINGFIELD, IL – The Illinois Department of Employment Security (IDES) has teamed up with the Illinois Department of Innovation and Technology (DoIT) on a new Going Mobile initiative that will help teens, young adults and those considering career changes to obtain realistic projections and information. The app tells students and job seekers the reality about their career choice, so they can be prepared now for what the future could bring.
- 12/19/2016 - Illinois on Track to Become First Smart State in the U.S.
CHICAGO, IL – The State of Illinois’ Department of Innovation and Technology (DoIT) recently hosted the Smart State Roadmap Workshop, a two-day workshop to pursue becoming the first ‘Smart State’ in the nation.
- 12/05/2016 - Illinois Department of Labor Moves Registrations to Online Format
- 11/30/2016 - Illinois Announces Initiative to Grow Innovation Sector
- 10/19/2016 - Illinois Partners with State of Telangana, India to Strengthen Smart State Initiatives
- 09/30/2016 - October is National Cyber Security Awareness Month
- 09/20/2016 - State of Illinois Announces Online Enrollment Platform for Group Insurance Programs