The Technology News section provides access to all State of Illinois press releases that have been published about how the state is embracing and promoting technologies such as broadband, open data, cloud computing, nanotechnology, biotechnology, and other technological advances.
- 09/20/2016 - State of Illinois Announces Online Enrollment Platform for Group Insurance Programs
SPRINGFIELD, IL - The State of Illinois, led by the Department of Innovation & Technology and the Department of Central Management Services, is pleased to introduce MyBenefits Marketplace, a new online enrollment platform available to members of the State of Illinois’ group insurance programs later this month. Moving away from a paper-based system, this easy to navigate platform will transform and modernize how state employees select health insurance options.
- 09/19/2016 - Illinois Makes Dramatic Improvement in Technology Rating
SPRINGFIELD, IL – In an announcement today at the 2016 National Association of State Chief Information Officers (NASCIO) Conference in Orlando, Florida, the Center for Digital Government named Illinois as one of the most improved states in the country for technology and innovation. In just 18 months, Illinois has moved from the bottom quarter to the top third of all 50 states.
- 09/13/2016 - Governor Meets with Companies at International Manufacturing Technology Show
CHICAGO - Governor Bruce Rauner today toured the International Manufacturing Technology Show (IMTS) at McCormick Place, visiting the booths of six companies with a presence in Illinois. IMTS is one of the world’s largest industrial trade shows, featuring more than 2,000 exhibiting companies from more than 114 countries.
- 09/06/2016 - Illinois Student Assistance Commission Student Portal To Receive 2016 Digital Government Achievement Award
- 08/11/2016 - GOING MOBILE IN ILLINOIS
- 05/26/2016 - State agencies pledge to share data to provide better services to Illinoisans
- 04/29/2016 - Governor Rauner Takes Executive Action to Improve Administrative Hearing Process
- 03/30/2016 - Department of Innovation and Technology Moves Forward in Transforming Illinois’ Digital Landscape