The State of Illinois News page provides access to the Illinois Government News Network and all state press releases.
- 02/10/2016 - Illinois EPA Suspends Vehicle Emissions Test Notice Mailings
SPRINGFIELD – The Illinois Environmental Protection Agency (Illinois EPA) and the Illinois Secretary of State’s office today announced temporary policy changes regarding vehicle emission test notification and vehicle renewal procedures.
- 02/08/2016 - Knox County Court Imposes Penalty Of $1,183,000 On Gas Station Operator
SPRINGFIELD – The Office of the State Fire Marshal (OSFM) announced today that on January 19, 2016, a Knox County Circuit Court issued a Default Judgment Order against T-Mart, Inc., a dissolved Wisconsin corporation, for $1,183,000 in civil fines and penalties. The order came in response to the defendant’s failure to remove abandoned underground petroleum storage tanks at a closed gasoline station, along with other violations of the Gasoline Storage Act.
- 02/08/2016 - February Is Financial Aid Awareness Month: File Your FAFSA Now To Be Eligible For Financial Aid!
CHICAGO – While the current budget delay has made this a challenging time for higher education in Illinois, financial aid is available to help make college possible for Illinois students—if they apply for it. As part of Financial Aid Awareness Month, students are reminded to file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)—the form that determines a student’s eligibility for most federal, state, and college financial aid programs. The Illinois Student Assistance Commission (ISAC), the state agency that works with students and families year-round to increase college access, is offering a host of free workshops and other assistance to assist students in completing the form as soon as possible.
- 02/08/2016 - Illinois State Museum to Reopen to the Public
- 02/05/2016 - Governor Takes Bill Action
- 02/05/2016 - Governor Applauds Bipartisan Consolidation Legislation
- 02/04/2016 - IDOT, ISP: Make a Super Bowl Game Plan
- 02/04/2016 - Gov. Rauner Declares I-55 Open for Business
- 02/04/2016 - Illinois Department of Human Rights Releases Interim Report on Statewide Discrimination Study
- 02/03/2016 - Hoverboard Safety Memo