The State of Illinois News page provides access to the Illinois Government News Network and all state press releases.
- 04/21/2015 - IDOT Launches Statewide Listening Tour to Discuss Illinois Infrastructure Needs, Priorities
SPRINGFIELD – The Illinois Department of Transportation, in conjunction with the Illinois Capital Development Board, announced today the start of a series of listening sessions over the next month to discuss the state’s infrastructure needs and the steps required to make sure the right investments are being made to keep Illinois competitive in a 21st century global economy. The meetings will be held in multiple communities throughout the state, with a goal of presenting Governor Rauner’s office with a comprehensive package of recommendations for consideration this spring.
- 04/20/2015 - Illinois Student Assistance Commission Encourages Families To Learn About Personal Finance During Money Smart Week Event
DEERFIELD, IL – With the escalating cost of college and national student loan debt at over $1 trillion, it’s never been more important for students to learn financial basics. That’s why the Illinois Student Assistance Commission (ISAC) is pleased to continue its annual participation in the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago’s annual Money Smart Week, April 18-25, which offers a series of events both state and nationwide, as well as free resources to learn about managing personal finances.
- 04/18/2015 - Illinois EPA Honors Young Environmentalists in 28th Annual Poster, Poetry and Prose Contest Ceremony
SPRINGFIELD — Illinois Environmental Protection Agency Director Lisa Bonnett today honored a group of distinguished fifth and sixth grade students selected for their creative skills used to express environmental awareness, as part of the Agency’s 28th Annual Poster, Poetry and Prose Contest. The writers and artists selected from throughout Illinois were recognized at a reception in the Old State Capitol building in downtown Springfield.
- 04/17/2015 - Illinoisans Receive Governor’s Volunteer Service Award
- 04/16/2015 - HFS and Advocate Health Care announce plan to ensure Medicaid coverage for nearly 100,000
- 04/16/2015 - Get Smart About College Planning During Money Smart Week®
- 04/15/2015 - Motorcycle Season Revs Up, Riders Urged to “Gear Up-Ride Smart”
- 04/14/2015 - Governor Rauner Extends Tax Filing and Payment Deadlines for Businesses and Individuals Impacted by Recent Tornado
- 04/14/2015 - State of Illinois Takes Action on Medical Cannabis Dispensary Applicants
- 04/14/2015 - State of Illinois Qualifies Additional Medical Cannabis Dispensary Applicants