The State of Illinois News page provides access to the Illinois Government News Network and all state press releases.
- 05/22/2015 - The Illinois Department of Public Health Urges Illinoisans to Take Precautions Against West Nile Virus
SPRINGFIELD – As we start to see warmer weather, we will start to see mosquitoes, and that means West Nile virus. The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) began accepting birds for West Nile virus testing on May 1, 2015. Local health departments will also collect birds and mosquito samples for West Nile virus testing in order to track the virus across Illinois.
- 05/21/2015 - Illinois Veterans’ Honor Memorial Day
Springfield – “On Monday, May 25, people across Illinois will observe Memorial Day – a time when we remember those who died while serving in the military and we honor their service and sacrifice,” said Erica Jeffries, Army veteran and Director, Illinois Department of Veterans’ Affairs. “Memorial Day is an important moment in our civic life when we reflect on the real and human costs of war. We thank all our veterans for their service and we at IDVA remain on duty, ready to help them. We encourage our veterans to contact us, or visit our Stand Up And Be Counted website, so we help them get the benefits they have earned through service.”
- 05/21/2015 - IDOT Suspends Non-Emergency Road Work for Memorial Day Holiday Weekend
SPRINGFIELD – The Memorial Day holiday weekend is expected to be a busy one on Illinois roads. Today, the Illinois Department of Transportation (IDOT) announced that non-emergency roadwork will be suspended, where possible, from 3 p.m. Friday, May 22 until 12 a.m. Tuesday, May 26.
Lanes will be opened where possible, in an effort to improve traffic flow and reduce congestion for holiday travelers. Motorists should be alert, as lane closures in some work zones will remain in effect. Please slow down, eliminate distractions, and use extra caution while driving through all work zones. Work zone speed limits remain in effect wherever they are posted.
- 05/21/2015 - Illinois State Fire Marshal Recognizes EMS Week
- 05/21/2015 - IDOT, ISP: Drive Safe, Drive Smart Over Memorial Day Weekend
- 05/21/2015 - Breakfast Club Fans Can Take Home Movie Memorabilia with Special 30th Anniversary Auction
- 05/21/2015 - Honoring Illinois' Fallen
- 05/20/2015 - IL Nursing Survey Reveals Approaching RN Shortage
- 05/20/2015 - Man Sentenced to Prison for Cigarette Smuggling in Champaign
- 05/20/2015 - The American Red Cross, Illinois DCFS, Illinois DNR and Illinois Association of Park Districts Team Up to Promote Water Safety, Prevent Drowning