The State of Illinois News page provides access to the Illinois Government News Network and all state press releases.
- 04/19/2014 - Governor Quinn Announces Investments to Conserve Lake Michigan Shoreline
CHICAGO – In honor of Earth Month, Governor Pat Quinn today visited a volunteer clean-up of Chicago’s Oak Street Beach to announce a $1.6 million investment in environmental and education projects along the Lake Michigan shoreline and in the Millennium Reserve-Calumet region. The projects will be funded through the Illinois Coastal Management Program (ICMP), which was formed in 2012 by Governor Quinn to protect Illinois’ 63-mile Lake Michigan shoreline. Today’s announcement is part of Governor Quinn’s agenda to protect our natural resources and ensure a clean and healthy environment for future generations.
- 04/18/2014 - Governor Pat Quinn Takes Clemency Action
CHICAGO – Governor Pat Quinn today granted 43 and denied 65 clemency petitions. After inheriting more than 2,500 cases that built up during the previous administration, the Governor continues to make significant progress acting on clemencies.
- 04/18/2014 - Proposed Rules for Compassionate Use of Medical Cannabis Pilot Program Act Filed
SPRINGFIELD – The state of Illinois today announced that the proposed rules for implementation of the Compassionate Use of Medical Cannabis Pilot Program Act have been published in the Illinois Register. The new draft rules include changes from the Illinois Department of Agriculture (IDOA), the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation (IDFPR), the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) and the Illinois Department of Revenue (IDOR), and will be available for an additional 45 days of public comment until the General Assembly's Joint Committee on Administrative Rules (JCAR) begins its review. The draft proposed rules have already been posted and available for comment on the Medical Cannabis Pilot Program website at www.mcpp.illinois.gov for more than 70 days. Over the past several months, the state has heard from people with chronic illnesses, business entrepreneurs, medical cannabis advocates, municipalities and others commenting on the draft proposed rules.
- 04/18/2014 - Adopt-A-Highway Spring Cleanup Begins Today
- 04/18/2014 - Illinois Schools Win No Child Left Behind Waiver
- 04/17/2014 - Injured Worker Charged with Workers’ Compensation Fraud
- 04/17/2014 - State-wide Veterans Service Offices Will Be Closed for Annual Training
- 04/17/2014 - Liquor Control Commission March Underage Compliance Report
- 04/17/2014 - Illinois filmmakers invited to enter state’s Shortcuts competition
- 04/16/2014 - Governor Quinn to Address Small Business Advocacy Council Annual Meeting