The State of Illinois News page provides access to the Illinois Government News Network and all state press releases.
- 02/27/2015 - IEMA Urges People to Prepare for Severe Weather
SPRINGFIELD – Believe it or not, warm weather soon will return to Illinois. As exciting as that sounds, warmer temperatures also mean an increased potential for severe thunderstorms, tornadoes and flooding.
To help people prepare for severe weather, the Illinois Emergency Management Agency (IEMA) will join with the National Weather Service (NWS) and local emergency management agencies throughout March to increase awareness of these severe weather hazards.
- 02/26/2015 - IDHS helps more than 5,000 individuals with disabilities find jobs
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois – More people with disabilities are finding jobs with help from a special program operated by the Illinois Department of Human Services (IDHS) Division of Rehabilitation Services (DRS). The Vocational Rehabilitation (VR) program helped 5,291 individuals with significant disabilities find gainful employment in 2014. This figure represents a 5.1 percent increase over the number achieved in the same time period last fiscal year.
- 02/24/2015 - 24th Anniversary Desert Storm Remembrance Ceremony
Springfield – The Illinois Department of Veterans’ Affairs (IDVA) will host the 24th Desert Storm Remembrance Ceremony to remember and honor those who served, and those who made the ultimate sacrifice during Operation Desert Storm 24 years ago.
The ceremony will take place on Saturday, Feb. 28, 2014, at 11 a.m., at the Illinois State Military Museum, 1301 North MacArthur Blvd., Springfield. The event is free and open to the public.
- 02/20/2015 - Snow and Freezing Rain to Impact Travel in Illinois
- 02/20/2015 - Illinois Department of Human Rights Announces 2015 Spring Training Schedule
- 02/13/2015 - IDOR Begins Processing Individual Tax Returns
- 02/13/2015 - IEMA Awards $435,378 in Grants for Hazardous Materials Emergency Planning
- 02/13/2015 - IDNR Announces 2015 Wingshooting Clinic Schedule
- 02/11/2015 - ICED Seeks Nominations for Annual Awards Promoting the Independence of People with Disabilities
- 02/10/2015 - Honoring Illinois' Fallen