The Health/Human Services News section provides access to all State of Illinois press releases that have been published relating to health and welfare for the people of Illinois, with issues ranging from prevention, to services, programs, and health announcements.
- 04/29/2016 - Case of Legionnaires’ disease Identified In Adams County
SPRINGFIELD - The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) today announced a confirmed case of Legionnaires’ disease in an Adams County resident. IDPH identified at least two locations where the individual could have been exposed to the bacteria, one being the personal residence, the other being the Quincy Veterans’ Home. Test results are unable to provide a conclusive link to either location.
- 04/05/2016 - Governor Creates Health Care Fraud Elimination Task Force
SPRINGFIELD – Governor Bruce Rauner announced today he signed Executive Order 16-05 creating the Health Care Fraud Elimination Task Force. The Task Force will take a holistic and comprehensive approach in the prevention and elimination of health care fraud, waste and abuse in taxpayer-funded programs. Governor Rauner made today’s announcement at the Annual Ethics Officer Conference, hosted by the Executive Ethics Commission.
- 04/04/2016 - New Training Allows Pharmacists to Dispense Heroin Overdose Antidote
SPRINGFIELD — On-demand, web-based training is now available for pharmacists throughout Illinois seeking to dispense Naloxone, a drug widely utilized to counter the effects of overdose from narcotics such as morphine and heroin. By completing the Illinois State Opioid Antagonist Training Program, certified pharmacists will gain the ability to dispense Naloxone without a prescription to those that might benefit most, including, trained first responders, school nurses or any individuals at risk of overdose. The program is the result of a new law passed in September 2015, expanding access to the opioid antagonist drug Naloxone.
- 02/03/2016 - Illinois Businesses will work with State Government to promote Human-Trafficking Resource Center Hotline Number
- 11/06/2015 - Medical Cannabis Dispensaries Begin Opening for Business on Monday, November 9
- 10/23/2015 - Get Covered Illinois and IDPH Announce 10 Organizations Selected for Federal Grants in Year 3 of Get Covered Illinois Navigator Program
- 10/20/2015 - ***CONSUMER ALERT***
- 10/19/2015 - Medicare Open Enrollment Period Is Here October 15 through December 7