The Health/Human Services News section provides access to all State of Illinois press releases that have been published relating to health and welfare for the people of Illinois, with issues ranging from prevention, to services, programs, and health announcements.
- 12/05/2016 - Get Your Flu Shot During National Influenza Vaccination Week And Stay Healthy For The Holidays
SPRINGFIELD – The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) urges anyone who has not yet received a flu shot to get one as soon as possible. December 4-10, 2016 is National Influenza Vaccination Week, a national observance to highlight the importance of influenza vaccination. While many people typically get the flu vaccine in early fall, flu activity usually peaks between December and March, a time when people are with families and out in their communities.
- 11/18/2016 - Let’s Talk Turkey – Eat, Drink, And Be Healthy For the Holidays
SPRINGFIELD – First things first, TAKE THE TURKEY OUT! It may already be time to take the turkey out of the freezer so that it will be thawed in time for Thanksgiving. Allow approximately 24 hours for each 4 to 5 pounds of turkey when thawed in the refrigerator. A 20 to 24 pound turkey could take 5 to 6 days to thaw. Never thaw a turkey at room temperature.
- 10/25/2016 - 25th Annual HIV/STD Conference - Celebrating Success, Shaping the Future
SPRINGFIELD – The 25th Annual HIV/STD Conference, hosted by the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) and the Illinois Public Health Association, runs October 25-27, 2016 at the Crowne Plaza in Springfield. The conference brings together people living with HIV/AIDS, researchers, clinicians, local health departments, health professionals, community based organizations, activists, and government agencies to share and educate each other about HIV and STDs.
- 10/24/2016 - Governor’s Children’s Cabinet Makes Lead Poisoning Prevention A Priority
- 10/18/2016 - Illinois Partners with ZERO TO THREE to Tackle Infant and Early Childhood Mental Health Challenges
- 10/13/2016 - IDoA announces start of Medicare open enrollment period
- 10/07/2016 - Nursing Home Violations for 2016 Third Quarter
- 09/28/2016 - First 2016 Human West Nile Virus Deaths in Illinois