The Health/Human Services News section provides access to all State of Illinois press releases that have been published relating to health and welfare for the people of Illinois, with issues ranging from prevention, to services, programs, and health announcements.
- 04/24/2014 - Cases of Chlamydia, Gonorrhea and HIV on the Rise Nationally
CHICAGO – The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) is encouraging residents who are sexually active to talk with a health care professional about sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) and get tested. In the United States 20 million new STDs, including 50,000 human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infections occur each year. Almost half of those cases are among young people age 15 to 24 years.
- 04/23/2014 - Statewide Conference Addresses Suicide Prevention Among Youth and Young Adults
CHICAGO – Federal, state and local health care professionals, along with community organizers, educators and others will gather in Springfield on Friday, April 25 to attend the Illinois Youth Suicide Prevention Project’s (IYSPP) 2014 Statewide Suicide Prevention Conference. Participants will learn about the latest in research on youth suicide prevention to gain a better understanding of prevention, intervention and aftercare strategies. The conference will be held from 8 am to 4:15 pm at the University of Illinois Springfield.
- 04/22/2014 - Redeploy Illinois Program Diverts Thousands of Youth From Prison System, Saves State $60 Million
CHICAGO – The state of Illinois has diverted thousands of youth from prison and onto the right path, while saving $60 million in incarceration costs, according to the 2012-2013 Redeploy Illinois annual report recently released by the Illinois Department of Human Services (IDHS).
- 04/21/2014 - WIC Celebrates 40 Years of Strengthening Illinois Families
- 04/18/2014 - Proposed Rules for Compassionate Use of Medical Cannabis Pilot Program Act Filed
- 04/08/2014 - Illinois Department of Public Health Recognizes National Youth Violence Prevention Week
- 04/01/2014 - State’s Top Doc Announces Illinois Public Health Datapalooza Challenge Winners
- 03/27/2014 - Illinois Department of Public Health Director Issues Consumer Warning