The Health/Human Services News section provides access to all State of Illinois press releases that have been published relating to health and welfare for the people of Illinois, with issues ranging from prevention, to services, programs, and health announcements.
- 10/25/2016 - 25th Annual HIV/STD Conference - Celebrating Success, Shaping the Future
SPRINGFIELD – The 25th Annual HIV/STD Conference, hosted by the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) and the Illinois Public Health Association, runs October 25-27, 2016 at the Crowne Plaza in Springfield. The conference brings together people living with HIV/AIDS, researchers, clinicians, local health departments, health professionals, community based organizations, activists, and government agencies to share and educate each other about HIV and STDs.
- 10/24/2016 - Governor’s Children’s Cabinet Makes Lead Poisoning Prevention A Priority
SPRINGFIELD – Governor Bruce Rauner’s Cabinet on Children and Youth recently announced a statewide, cross-agency initiative to reduce children’s exposure to lead. Lead poisoning is one of the most prevalent, preventable, environmental health hazards and is known to contribute to learning disabilities, developmental delays, and violent behavior.
- 10/18/2016 - Illinois Partners with ZERO TO THREE to Tackle Infant and Early Childhood Mental Health Challenges
SPRINGFIELD – State of Illinois health officials today announced that Illinois was one of 10 states selected to participate in a ZERO TO THREE Policy Center meeting to advance state policy related to improving infant and early childhood mental health.
- 10/13/2016 - IDoA announces start of Medicare open enrollment period
- 10/07/2016 - Nursing Home Violations for 2016 Third Quarter
- 09/28/2016 - First 2016 Human West Nile Virus Deaths in Illinois
- 09/19/2016 - Time Again For A Flu Shot
- 08/11/2016 - IDPH, IDVA Wrap Up CDC Consultations as Legionnaires’ Test Results Received