The Environment News section provides access to all State of Illinois press releases that have been published about conservation and the environment, addressing topics ranging from preservation strategies, to prevention and restoration issues.
- 08/17/2015 - Illinois EPA Director Seals Millstadt Property Due to Environmental Hazards from Abandoned Chemicals
SPRINGFIELD – Illinois Environmental Protection Agency Director Lisa Bonnett has issued an order to seal the property identified as Advanced Asymmetrics, Inc., located at 109 South Kossuth, in Millstadt, St. Clair County, from public access due to health and safety concerns from chemicals remaining in the abandoned laboratory.
- 08/07/2015 - Illinois EPA Refers P. Mills, LLC, to Attorney General for Enforcement
SPRINGFIELD – Illinois Environmental Protection Agency Director Lisa Bonnett has referred an enforcement action to the Illinois Attorney General’s office against P. Mills, LLC, for causing, threatening or allowing the discharge or emission of asbestos fibers into the environment so as to cause air pollution.
- 08/03/2015 - Illinois EPA Statement on Clean Power Plan Final Rule
SPRINGFIELD – Illinois EPA Director Lisa Bonnett issued the following statement following President Obama’s announcement on the Clean Power Plan final rule:
“Illinois is evaluating the final rule. Illinois’ priority will be to ensure that our energy sector has the flexibility needed to meet the emission reduction limits under the Clean Power Plan, while providing residents and businesses with reliable and affordable electricity. Illinois is fortunate in that we have tremendous energy diversity, and we will want to leverage our strengths.”
- 07/22/2015 - Illinois Releases Final State Nutrient Loss Reduction Strategy to Reduce Pollution Loading to Illinois Waters and the Gulf of Mexico
- 07/01/2015 - Illinois EPA Launches Document Explorer Tool for Public
- 07/01/2015 - Illinois EPA Releases Annual Report on Landfill Capacity
- 05/26/2015 - Illinois EPA Pollution Prevention Interns begin Twelve Week Program at Illinois Facilities
- 05/15/2015 - Illinois EPA Announces Community Water Supply Testing Program