The Environment News section provides access to all State of Illinois press releases that have been published about conservation and the environment, addressing topics ranging from preservation strategies, to prevention and restoration issues.
- 04/02/2014 - Illinois EPA Announces Upcoming Household Hazardous Waste Collection Events
SPRINGFIELD – Illinois EPA Director Lisa Bonnett today, as part of the Agency’s Earth Month activities, announced household hazardous waste collections have been scheduled in eight communities for spring 2014. Through household hazardous waste collections, citizens are given the opportunity to safely dispose of unused or leftover household products commonly found in homes, basements and garages. Today’s announcement is part of Governor Quinn’s agenda to protect our natural resources and ensure a clean and healthy environment for future generations.
- 03/29/2014 - Illinois EPA Honors Young Environmentalists in 27th Annual Poster, Poetry and Prose Contest Ceremony
SPRINGFIELD — Illinois Environmental Protection Agency Director Lisa Bonnett today honored a group of distinguished fifth and sixth grade students selected for their creative skills used to express environmental awareness, as part of the Agency’s 27th Annual Poster, Poetry and Prose Contest. The writers and artists selected from throughout Illinois were recognized at a reception in the Old State Capitol building in downtown Springfield.
- 03/26/2014 - Illinois EPA Refers Zeman Homes, Inc., Owner of Zeman’s Cortland Mobile Home Park, to Attorney General for Enforcement
SPRINGFIELD— Illinois Environmental Protection Agency Director Lisa Bonnett has referred an enforcement action to the Illinois Attorney General’s office against Zeman Homes, Inc., for causing and allowing untreated sanitary sewage to discharge to the ground and a nearby ditch, threatening and/or causing water pollution.
- 03/19/2014 - Illinois EPA Refers Wood River Pipe Lines, LLC and Buckeye Partners, LP to Attorney General
- 03/14/2014 - Governor Quinn Reappoints Doug Scott as Illinois Commerce Commission Chair
- 02/18/2014 - Governor Quinn Announces Illinois is the Nation’s Top Green Building State
- 01/30/2014 - Deadline Approaching For Shoot For The Skies PSA Video Contest
- 01/17/2014 - Illinois EPA Refers DeKalb County Landfill in Cortland to Attorney General for Enforcement