The Environment News section provides access to all State of Illinois press releases that have been published about conservation and the environment, addressing topics ranging from preservation strategies, to prevention and restoration issues.
- 04/22/2014 - Illinois EPA Recognized for 40 Year of Graduate Public Service Internship Partnership with University of Illinois at Springfield
SPRINGFIELD—The Illinois EPA and Director Lisa Bonnett received recognition for the Agency’s continued participation in the Graduate Public Service Internship (GPSI) Program with the University of Illinois at Springfield (UIS) – formerly Sangamon State University (SSU). As part of the Illinois EPA’s Earth Day celebration, the Agency is highlighting three internship programs the Agency participates in each year, the GPSI, the Governor’s Environmental Corp, and the Pollution Prevention & Energy Efficiency Internship Programs.
- 04/21/2014 - Governor Quinn Proclaims Tuesday, April 22, Earth Day in Illinois
CHICAGO – Governor Pat Quinn proclaimed Tuesday, April 22 as “Earth Day” in Illinois and urged residents to get outdoors and involved in keeping Illinois at the forefront of conservation and sustainability. The Governor also discussed the work the state is doing to improve sustainability and protect our environment. Today’s proclamation is part of Governor Quinn’s agenda to protect our natural resources and ensure a clean and healthy environment for future generations.
- 04/21/2014 - Governor Quinn Announces Green Initiative to Mark Earth Week
CHICAGO — In honor of Earth Week, Governor Pat Quinn and the Department of Central Management Services (CMS) today encouraged employees to participate in the State’s “No Print Week” program from Apr. 21-25, to help increase awareness about paper usage and reduce unnecessary paper consumption. After the success of 2013’s “No Print Day,” this year’s efforts will span all of Earth Week and will highlight tips on how to reduce both the State’s environmental impact and costs.
- 04/18/2014 - Illinois EPA Refers Metal Recycling Systems, Inc. to Attorney General for Enforcement
- 04/02/2014 - Illinois EPA Announces Upcoming Household Hazardous Waste Collection Events
- 03/29/2014 - Illinois EPA Honors Young Environmentalists in 27th Annual Poster, Poetry and Prose Contest Ceremony
- 03/26/2014 - Illinois EPA Refers Zeman Homes, Inc., Owner of Zeman’s Cortland Mobile Home Park, to Attorney General for Enforcement
- 03/19/2014 - Illinois EPA Refers Wood River Pipe Lines, LLC and Buckeye Partners, LP to Attorney General