The Education News section provides access to all State of Illinois press releases that have been published relating to all levels of education, ranging from school funding, to opportunities for learning, and the status of education in Illinois.
- 07/22/2015 - Five Illinois Communities Honored as Leaders in Working to Improve College Access and Completion
CHICAGO – Despite state budget issues, work continues across Illinois communities to make college possible for Illinois families. Five such communities were honored last Thursday at the annual College Changes Everything™ Conference in Tinley Park, where Illinois educators, government, business and non-profit leaders gathered for discussion and workshops on the collaborative efforts underway in Illinois to increase the proportion of adults in the state with high-quality postsecondary credentials or degrees to 60% by the year 2025 (“Goal 2025”).
- 06/18/2015 - 2015 College Changes Everything™ Conference To Highlight College Access And Completion Efforts In Illinois
CHICAGO –College affordability and the rising cost of tuition are in the news almost every day, but helping more students attain a degree or certificate involves more than adjusting college sticker price. Join Illinois educators, government, business and non-profit leaders at the fifth annual College Changes Everything™ Conference in Tinley Park for in depth discussion and workshops on the collaborative efforts underway in Illinois to make college—and a degree or certificate—possible for all Illinoisans.
- 04/30/2015 - College Illinois!® Extends Enrollment Through June 1st
CHICAGO– Illinois families looking to find an affordable way to start tackling the costs of college will have an additional month to take advantage of 2014-15 reduced pricing on all College Illinois!® Prepaid Tuition Program contracts. The state’s only 529 prepaid tuition program, College Illinois! offers families a way to “freeze” the cost of tuition by prepaying for future college tuition at today’s contract rates. With pricing on all contracts reduced, some by as much as 29%, families now have through June 1st to start planning for their child’s future for as little as $21 a month.
- 04/29/2015 - IEMA Announces Parkland College Attains ‘Ready to Respond Campus’ Designation
- 04/16/2015 - Get Smart About College Planning During Money Smart Week®
- 03/20/2015 - Governor Announces Appointments
- 03/17/2015 - College Illinois!® 529 Prepaid Tuition Program Announces Draw Your Dreams Coloring Contest For Kids
- 03/05/2015 - Statewide Financial Aid Workshops Help Improve Illinois FAFSA® Completion Rates