The Education News section provides access to all State of Illinois press releases that have been published relating to all levels of education, ranging from school funding, to opportunities for learning, and the status of education in Illinois.
- 09/27/2016 - Schools Encouraged to Participate in International Walk to School Day on Oct. 5
SPRINGFIELD – The Illinois Department of Transportation (IDOT) is encouraging schools throughout the state to participate in the 20th Annual International Walk to School Day on Oct. 5. Launched in 2000, International Walk to School Day is an opportunity for schools to promote walking to and from school, while also encouraging children to improve their own health in ways that benefit the environment.
- 07/28/2016 - College Changes Everything™ Conference Highlights Critical Role Of Higher Education In Economic Recovery And Growth
CHICAGO –Almost 450 professionals, including education, government, private and non-profit leaders, came together on July 21st at the sixth annual College Changes Everything™ (CCE) Conference in Tinley Park, to learn from each other and collectively help advance efforts to improve college access and attainment in Illinois.
- 07/12/2016 - 2016 College Changes Everything™ Conference: Aligning College Attainment And Employer Engagement For Economic Growth
CHICAGO – As Illinois enters the new fiscal year with ongoing budget uncertainty, it is critical that educators, policy makers, and others focused on higher education come together to collaborate on a path to success for Illinois students. The economic future of the state is inextricably tied to the strength of its workforce—in itself dependent in large part on higher education here in Illinois. Join Illinois educators, government, business and non-profit leaders, other professionals and students at the Sixth Annual College Changes Everything™ Conference on July 21st in Tinley Park for a day of learning, discussion, and sharing of resources to support collaborative efforts to improve college access and completion and forge a better future for Illinois.
- 05/25/2016 - Jumpstart College Planning and Celebrate National 529 Day with a College Illinois!® Prepaid Tuition Plan
- 05/16/2016 - College Illinois!® 529 Day Sweepstakes: Win a Free Semester of College!
- 02/08/2016 - February Is Financial Aid Awareness Month: File Your FAFSA Now To Be Eligible For Financial Aid!
- 10/05/2015 - October Is Illinois College Application Month!
- 09/15/2015 - Schools Encouraged to Participate in International Walk to School Day