The Education News section provides access to all State of Illinois press releases that have been published relating to all levels of education, ranging from school funding, to opportunities for learning, and the status of education in Illinois.
- 05/25/2016 - Jumpstart College Planning and Celebrate National 529 Day with a College Illinois!® Prepaid Tuition Plan
CHICAGO – Sunday is National 529 Day, (literally, 5/29!), a day focused on raising awareness of how college savings and prepaid plans can help make college more affordable for families across the country. College Illinois!®, the state’s 529 Prepaid Tuition Plan, offers Illinois families a flexible, tax-advantaged way to lock in the cost of tuition by prepaying at today’s plan rates. Illinois families have through May 31st to enroll in a plan that can help make college possible for a child or grandchild.
- 05/16/2016 - College Illinois!® 529 Day Sweepstakes: Win a Free Semester of College!
CHICAGO – As part of its mission to help make college possible for all Illinois families, the College Illinois!® 529 Prepaid Tuition Program is celebrating National 529 Day (5/29) by giving away a College Illinois! plan worth a semester of community college in its 529 Day Free Semester Sweepstakes.
- 02/08/2016 - February Is Financial Aid Awareness Month: File Your FAFSA Now To Be Eligible For Financial Aid!
CHICAGO – While the current budget delay has made this a challenging time for higher education in Illinois, financial aid is available to help make college possible for Illinois students—if they apply for it. As part of Financial Aid Awareness Month, students are reminded to file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)—the form that determines a student’s eligibility for most federal, state, and college financial aid programs. The Illinois Student Assistance Commission (ISAC), the state agency that works with students and families year-round to increase college access, is offering a host of free workshops and other assistance to assist students in completing the form as soon as possible.
- 10/05/2015 - October Is Illinois College Application Month!
- 09/15/2015 - Schools Encouraged to Participate in International Walk to School Day
- 08/12/2015 - School Immunizations – New Certificate of Religious Exemption Requirement
- 07/22/2015 - Five Illinois Communities Honored as Leaders in Working to Improve College Access and Completion
- 06/18/2015 - 2015 College Changes Everything™ Conference To Highlight College Access And Completion Efforts In Illinois