The Education News section provides access to all State of Illinois press releases that have been published relating to all levels of education, ranging from school funding, to opportunities for learning, and the status of education in Illinois.
- 08/12/2015 - School Immunizations – New Certificate of Religious Exemption Requirement
SPRINGFIELD – Parents or legal guardians who object, for religious reasons, to their child being immunized for school entrance must submit a Certificate of Religious Exemption, which now must be signed by a health care provider. Signed into law on August 3, 2015, this new legislation requires a health care provider to sign the certificate confirming they have provided education to the parents or legal guardians about the benefits of immunizations and the health risks of not vaccinating students.
- 07/22/2015 - Five Illinois Communities Honored as Leaders in Working to Improve College Access and Completion
CHICAGO – Despite state budget issues, work continues across Illinois communities to make college possible for Illinois families. Five such communities were honored last Thursday at the annual College Changes Everything™ Conference in Tinley Park, where Illinois educators, government, business and non-profit leaders gathered for discussion and workshops on the collaborative efforts underway in Illinois to increase the proportion of adults in the state with high-quality postsecondary credentials or degrees to 60% by the year 2025 (“Goal 2025”).
- 06/18/2015 - 2015 College Changes Everything™ Conference To Highlight College Access And Completion Efforts In Illinois
CHICAGO –College affordability and the rising cost of tuition are in the news almost every day, but helping more students attain a degree or certificate involves more than adjusting college sticker price. Join Illinois educators, government, business and non-profit leaders at the fifth annual College Changes Everything™ Conference in Tinley Park for in depth discussion and workshops on the collaborative efforts underway in Illinois to make college—and a degree or certificate—possible for all Illinoisans.
- 04/30/2015 - College Illinois!® Extends Enrollment Through June 1st
- 04/29/2015 - IEMA Announces Parkland College Attains ‘Ready to Respond Campus’ Designation
- 04/16/2015 - Get Smart About College Planning During Money Smart Week®
- 03/20/2015 - Governor Announces Appointments
- 03/17/2015 - College Illinois!® 529 Prepaid Tuition Program Announces Draw Your Dreams Coloring Contest For Kids