The Education News section provides access to all State of Illinois press releases that have been published relating to all levels of education, ranging from school funding, to opportunities for learning, and the status of education in Illinois.
- 10/03/2016 - October Is College Changes Everything® Month In Illinois
CHICAGO – In Illinois, October is College Changes Everything® (CCE) Month, a campaign launched by the Illinois Student Assistance Commission (ISAC) to address the change to “early FAFSA” and assist students who will be completing college applications at the same time they are filing financial aid forms. The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is the form used to apply for all federal and some state financial aid; filing it is an important first step to maximizing financial aid. This year, students will be able to file their 2017-18 beginning October 1, 2016, instead of having to wait until January, as in previous years.
- 09/27/2016 - Schools Encouraged to Participate in International Walk to School Day on Oct. 5
SPRINGFIELD – The Illinois Department of Transportation (IDOT) is encouraging schools throughout the state to participate in the 20th Annual International Walk to School Day on Oct. 5. Launched in 2000, International Walk to School Day is an opportunity for schools to promote walking to and from school, while also encouraging children to improve their own health in ways that benefit the environment.
- 07/28/2016 - College Changes Everything™ Conference Highlights Critical Role Of Higher Education In Economic Recovery And Growth
CHICAGO –Almost 450 professionals, including education, government, private and non-profit leaders, came together on July 21st at the sixth annual College Changes Everything™ (CCE) Conference in Tinley Park, to learn from each other and collectively help advance efforts to improve college access and attainment in Illinois.
- 07/12/2016 - 2016 College Changes Everything™ Conference: Aligning College Attainment And Employer Engagement For Economic Growth
- 05/25/2016 - Jumpstart College Planning and Celebrate National 529 Day with a College Illinois!® Prepaid Tuition Plan
- 05/16/2016 - College Illinois!® 529 Day Sweepstakes: Win a Free Semester of College!
- 02/08/2016 - February Is Financial Aid Awareness Month: File Your FAFSA Now To Be Eligible For Financial Aid!
- 10/05/2015 - October Is Illinois College Application Month!