The Children/Families News section provides access to all State of Illinois press releases that have been published about programs and policies related to the health, safety, and education of infants, children, and teenagers, as well as issues related to parents and the family.
- 03/16/2017 - DCFS Releases Public Service Announcements Reminding Public April is Child Abuse Prevention Month in Illinois
SPRINGFIELD, Ill. – The Illinois Department of Children and Family Services released an audio public service announcement (PSA) aimed at educating the public that April is Child Abuse Prevention Month in Illinois.
- 01/20/2017 - New Authority Allows DCFS to Strengthen and Preserve Families
SPRINGFIELD, Ill. – The Federal Administration for Children, Youth, and Families has granted Illinois a waiver of restrictions on federal foster-care funds to let the Illinois Department of Children and Families address family problems without having to remove children from their homes and putting them in foster care.
- 12/20/2016 - DCFS’ Home for the Holidays campaign reunites families and finds forever homes for 1,742 children in care
SPRINGFIELD, Ill. - Illinois Department of Children and Family Services Director George H. Sheldon today announced that the department found a forever home for 1,742 children in care, surpassing the goal of 1,000, as a part of the Home for the Holidays campaign.
- 12/10/2014 - Governor Quinn Announces Illinois Wins $80 Million Federal Investment for Early Childhood Education
- 12/08/2014 - Gov. Quinn Directs Children and Family Services Advisory Council to Convene on Residential Center Conditions
- 10/08/2014 - IDOT Celebrates Illinois Students for “Making Strides” on International Walk to School Day
- 04/29/2014 - Governor Quinn Names Bobbie Gregg Director of DCFS
- 03/27/2014 - Governor Quinn Visits Carl Von Linné Elementary School to Discuss Comprehensive Tax Reform Plan to Properly Fund Schools