The Agriculture News section provides access to all State of Illinois press releases that have been published about agriculture-related news and events, with issues ranging from farming and agribusiness, to the State and County fairs.
- 04/17/2017 - Illinois State Fair Adds To Its Diverse, Dynamic Grandstand Line-Up
SPRINGFIELD, IL – The hottest concert line-up of the summer is nearly complete as State Fair Manager Kevin Gordon announces four more nights of entertainment at Grandstand for the 2017 Illinois State Fair. One final concert announcement is still pending at this time. Meanwhile, tickets for this blockbuster lineup will go on-sale Saturday, April 29th via Ticketmaster, and at the Emmerson Building on the Illinois State Fairgrounds on Monday, May 1st.
- 04/03/2017 - New Look Unveiled For Illinois State Fair
SPRINGFIELD, IL. - Director Raymond Poe and State Fair Manager Kevin Gordon today unveiled a sleek new look for the future of the Illinois State Fair. With the unveiling of this new logo, also comes the 2017 fair theme: Generations of Fun!
- 03/10/2017 - IDOA Reminds Livestock Producers To Protect Their Investments
SPRINGFIELD, IL -- Recently the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service (APHIS) confirmed the presence of highly pathogenic H7 avian influenza in a commercial chicken breeder flock in Tennessee. This is the first confirmed case of high path avian influenza (HPAI) this year in the United States. This is a new strain of the virus, identified as North American wild bird lineage H7N9. This is a different virus than what affected the United States in 2014-2015.
- 02/27/2017 - Returning Illinois Products Expo Offers 'Taste of Illinois Agriculture'
- 02/21/2017 - Stars and Legends to Perform at 2017 Illinois State Fair
- 11/10/2016 - Homegrown By Heroes Program To Help Veterans In Agriculture
- 10/31/2016 - Holiday Mega Pass Sales Begin November 1
- 10/19/2016 - Annual Training Underway For Gas Station Owners, Service Technicians