Office of the Lieutenant Governor
Internship Position Description
The Illinois Lieutenant Governor’s Internship Program offers highly motivated college students the opportunity to gain valuable experience in public service. The program is designed to provide a hands-on experience in the political process as interns learn the inner-workings of a state constitutional office. Interns will be exposed to the areas of public policy, media and communications, outreach, logistics and law. They will gain exposure to drafting policy memos, engaging with constituents, assisting with council meetings, tracking legislation, preparing correspondence, and assisting staff with special projects.
The Lieutenant Governor’s office is accepting interns in both Chicago and Springfield, with flexible hours available to accommodate class and work schedules. Interested applicants are encouraged to apply by submitting the application form along with the requested documents outlined below.
- Must currently be enrolled in a college or university or must be a recent graduate
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must display strong interpersonal skills and an ability to collaborate in a team setting
- Must be organized and able to manage deadlines
- Must be a creative thinker
To be considered for an internship, your application must include:
- Submission of the application form (below)
- Cover Letter
- Current résumé
- Academic or professional writing sample
- Attach a PDF version of cover letter, resume and writing sample
Submissions for the Fall 2017 period are currently being considered and are accepted on a rolling basis. Interested candidates should apply promptly as spaces are limited.
Please direct any questions to email@example.com.