Date: August 4, 2020
To: Long Term Care Facilities - Nursing Facilities (NF), Intermediate Care Facilities for Individuals with Intellectual Disabilities (ICF/IID), Supportive Living Program (SLP) Providers, Medically Complex for the Developmentally Disabled Facilities (MD/DD) and Specialized Mental Health Rehabilitation Facilities (SMHRF)
Re: LTC Daily Transaction Report Download through the Medical Electronic Data Interchange (MEDI) System
This notice informs long term care (LTC) providers that the LTC Daily Transaction Report is available for download through the Medical Electronic Data Interchange (MEDI) System. The LTC Daily Transaction Report is a record of transactions that have been processed by the Department of Healthcare and Family Services, the Department of Human Services, or by the provider. This includes transactions for resident admissions, discharges, deaths, level of care changes, and income changes. Effective immediately the LTC Daily Transaction Report will no longer be mailed to the provider.
Users may download this report by following the MEDI IEC Download link and choosing a file and directory to designate where the downloaded file is to be saved in the user’s system. The user must go to the designated location and choose a program to open the file.
To access and download the LTC Daily Transaction Report follow these steps:
1. Login to MEDI;
2. Select Internet Electronic Claims (IEC);
3. Select Download File(s);
4. Choose the “Entity” from the dropdown box;
5. Select the file you wish to download from the “Available Files” listed. The file label for the LTC Daily Transaction Report is “2449”;
6. Enter a “Local Directory Location” (a folder created on your computer or network) to accept the downloaded file;
7. Click “Download Files” button;
8. Go to your designated directory location;
9. Open the downloaded file (the recommended program is Microsoft WORD); and
10. In order for proper line alignment, use “Landscape Orientation” for the Layout.
The LTC Daily Transaction Report file will be available for download for three months after the posting date.
Questions regarding this bulletin may be directed to the Bureau of Long Term Care at 844-528-8444.
Interim Medicaid Director