Date: July 16, 2020
To: All Medical Assistance Program Providers
Re: Federal Provider Relief Fund Payments for Medicaid and CHIP Providers –Time Sensitive Opportunity
The Department informed providers by informational notice dated June 12, 2020, of an opportunity for Medicaid and CHIP providers to apply for COVID-19 CARES Act Provider Relief Fund payments equivalent to 2% of total net patient revenue directly from the federal government. NOTE: The deadline for this funding is July 20th. Federal CMS indicates less than 5% of the providers it believes are eligible have applied. There has been no announcement of an extension to the deadline at this time, therefore HFS is encouraging providers likely to be eligible to apply by the deadline.
Below is a summary of eligibility requirements for the funding. Providers must have:
· Not received payment from the $50 billion General Distribution to Medicare Providers,
· Billed Medicaid/CHIP programs or Medicaid managed care plans for health care-related services between Jan. 1, 2018-Dec. 31, 2019,
· Filed a federal income tax return for fiscal years 2017, 2018, or 2019; or be exempt from filing a return,
· Provided patient care after January 31, 2020,
· Not permanently ceased providing patient care directly, or indirectly, and
· Reported on Form 1040 (or other tax form) gross receipts or sales from providing patient care.
Providers can review the federal fact sheet for additional information about the Provider Relief Fund Medicaid and CHIP provider distribution. As a reminder, the deadline for submitting provider information through the portal for this round of funding is July 20, 2020.
COVID-19 CARES distribution general information can be found here.
Interim Medicaid Administrator