Date: March 16, 2020
To: Enrolled Transportation Providers
Re: IMPACT Enrollment Reminder
This notice emphasizes the importance of transportation providers submitting all required information into the Illinois Medicaid Program Advanced Cloud Technology (IMPACT) enrollment system to be in compliance as a transportation provider for the Department of Healthcare and Family Services (HFS).
This includes transportation providers contracted with a managed care organization.
This required information includes, but is not limited to, vehicle information for each vehicle intended for use by the transportation provider. The following documentation is required for each vehicle intended for use by the transportation provider:
- Safety training certification(s)
- Current registration for all vehicles including VIN (Vehicle Identification Number(s))
- Expiration date for each vehicle’s license plate
- Current insurance coverage for all vehicles and drivers
- Valid lease agreement for all vehicles not owned by the provider
- Appropriate licensure for each vehicle intended for use by the transportation provider
Even if the transportation services are only being provided for managed care programs HealthChoice Illinois or Medicare Medicaid Alignment Initiative (MMAI) participants, information must be submitted for each vehicle.
Providers must be in compliance with all required information for each vehicle. The information must be entered into the IMPACT system by July 1, 2020, or the provider will be at risk for termination as a Medicaid transportation provider.
More information on the IMPACT system plus frequently asked questions, checklists and other training guides are available at the IMPACT website.
Questions regarding this notice may be directed to IMPACT Provider Enrollment staff at
Interim Medicaid Administrator