Date: January 21, 2020
To: All Medical Assistance Program Providers using the ABE Partner Portal
Re: Request for Primary Agency Security Administrator Approval
This notice informs MPE, AKAA, and Hospital Providers (hereby referred to as organizations) that the Department of Healthcare and Family Services (HFS) is instituting a new process for organizations to request approval of a NEW Primary Agency Security Administrator (ASA) from the HFS Global Security Administrator (GSA). Each agency using the Partner Portal must identify at least one employee who will act as the Primary ASA.
An organization’s Primary ASA is the point of contact for HFS regarding the Partner Portal and is responsible for approving and taking away access, and record keeping (1706P Form and picture ID) of all users from their organization. The Primary ASA should be able to produce records for each employee upon request by HFS.
Contractors may not be the Primary ASA for organizations, however organization personnel can assign staff at contractor agency as secondary ASAs (up to 4 additional staff can be designated as ASAs).
***If you are already approved as the Primary ASA for your organization you DO NOT need to register in SharePoint ***
NEW ASA Registration Process
1. To be approved as the Primary ASA, users must first create an account at ABE.Illinois.gov. To create an Account a user will need the Medicaid Provider ID Number for each site they will submit/upload data from.
2. When completing the registration screen, the user must indicate that they are the designated security administrator in the Type of User section.
3. The Primary ASA will then go to the ABE ASA Request SharePoint site and enter individual account information as well as organization information. The ASA request will be reviewed by the HFS business and security offices before approval. The Primary ASA must be approved and granted access by the HFS GSA before they can approve others in the organization to use the portal.
4. The Primary ASA should then invite the organization’s remaining users, including additional ASAs, to set up their own ABE User Accounts. Remaining users DO NOT need to register in SharePoint but must submit an ABE Registration Form 1706P to the ASA for record keeping.
5. Primary ASAs must verify the identity of each ABE Partner Portal user by reviewing and maintaining a copy of each user’s valid picture ID. Valid forms of identification include:
· Current and valid US driver’s license or state identity card
· US passport
· US military identification
· Certificate of citizenship or naturalization, and various immigration forms for non-US citizens.
6. The Primary ASA must also, prior to leaving their organization, submit a request to remove their account and add a replacement Primary ASA.
** It is critical that all users remember their username and password as well as the answers to their security questions in case they need to change their password. The user will not be able to make any changes to their account unless they know the answers to their “secret” questions!