Date: May 16, 2019
To: Long Term Care Facilities - Nursing Facilities (NF), Medically Complex for the Developmentally Disabled Facilities (MC/DD), Supportive Living Program (SLP) Providers and Specialized Mental Health Rehabilitation Facilities (SMHRF)
Re: Advance Payment Requests Due to Financial Hardship
Healthcare and Family Services (HFS) is establishing a process for Long Term Care (LTC) providers to request an “Advance Payment” if they are experiencing a financial hardship due to Medicaid eligibility determination issues. The process will follow similar guidelines established in 89 Ill. Adm. Code 140.71(a), with some modifications.
To qualify, the LTC provider must:
· Be experiencing a financial emergency caused by rejected Admission Transactions that the LTC provider believed to be still pending, or redetermination issues that terminated a resident’s Medicaid eligibility, that necessitates the Advance Payment;
· Have a current resident population that is at least 60% Medicaid (including those pending Medicaid determination); and
· Demonstrate a current asset to current liability ratio of 1.5 or less.
To request an Advance Payment, the LTC provider must submit, via a Sharepoint site detailed below, the following information to HFS no later than June 30, 2019:
· A letter explaining the financial emergency and amount being requested;
· A file detailing the residents impacted by the rejected admission transactions and/or redeterminations, the months of service impacted and the expected amounts for each resident (template attached);
· A roster that includes all residents currently residing in the facility dated within the last week. The roster should indicate the payer source (Medicaid, Medicaid pending, private pay, etc.) and include the Recipient ID (“RIN”) and/or Social Security Number for each resident; and
· A Cash Position Statement (attached) detailing current assets and liabilities. The Cash Position Statement must be as of the end of a month and cannot be more than 60 days old.
HFS will review the documentation and notify the LTC provider if the request is approved or denied. If approved, the LTC provider will be sent an agreement that details the amount of the advance and specifies the terms for repayment. It is anticipated that repayments will begin six (6) months after the Advance Payment is made and be processed in twelve (12) monthly installments.
Sharepoint Site Information:
HFS is establishing a Sharepoint site to facilitate the secure submittal of information for the purpose of applying for the Advance Payment. To become registered for the Sharepoint site, each provider must submit contact information for two (2) employees to HFS via the HFS mailbox HFS.LTC@illinois.gov. Please use the subject line “Sharepoint Contact Information” when sending the following information.
· Name of Facility
· HFS Provider Number
· Name of Employee (First and Last)
· Employee’s Title
· Employee’s Direct Phone Number
· Employee’s Email Address
· Specify whether Employee will be “Primary” or “Backup” user
· Name of any Corporate or Parent Company
If the provider wants a Corporate/Parent Company employee to have access to the Sharepoint site, the same list of information must be provided for the Corporate/Parent Company employee.
Please provide the contact information to HFS by May 22nd, 2019. HFS will send out information regarding the scheduling of a webinar for providers on how to use the Sharepoint site.
Questions regarding this notice may be directed to the Bureau of Long Term Care at