Applying for Veterans Care is easy.
1. You may download and complete the Veterans Care application from this Web site.
2. Go to your nearest IL Dept of Veterans Affairs office or service center. To locate the nearest Illinois Department of Veterans Affairs office call 877-483-8779 if calling from within Illinois; or TTY 877-204-1012.
3. Take along the following items if you have them:
your military discharge (DD-214)
a photo ID
proof of your income for the last 30 days
if you are married, proof of your spouse's income for the last 30 days
If you don't have any of these, don't wait to apply - we can get them later.
4. Answer a few simple questions at the Veterans Affairs service center to see if you might qualify for another Illinois Healthcare program.
5. Sign the Veterans Care application.
That's it. We will process your application within 45 days. We will contact you by mail if we need anything else to process your application.