We work together to help Illinoisans access high quality health care and fulfill child support obligations to advance their physical, mental, and financial well-being.
We Improve Lives.
Planning for our Future
- We address social and structural determinants of health
- We empower customers to maximize their health and well being
- We provide consistent, responsive service to our colleagues and customers
- We make equity the foundation of everything that we do
- We value our staff as our greatest asset
- We are always improving
- We inspire public confidence
A Full Transformation
In early 2020, HFS launched its Strategic Plan, a comprehensive
and deep exploration of how we can do our work better than ever. We crafted a
new Mission, Vision and Values and are working on Goals and Strategies to
improve our impacts.
Through hundreds of townhalls, online surveys, and group
discussions at every level, we are continuously collecting and sharing ideas to
create and embed our new Mission, Vision and Values into our daily work.
We’ve created special teams to:
- Integrate thinkers from across the agency for
- Identify opportunities for improvement and spur
creative thinking and innovation as we develop 5 years of goals to make the
- Structure goals, strategies and metrics that
drive successful implementation of our Vision
- Help prioritize goals and strategies for action
With the development of a Strategic Planning Resource
Center, we are offering all our staff a selection of Tools, Templates and an
Idea Bank to provide turnkey materials and implementation ideas to deeply
further entrench our Mission, Vision, Values and plans.
In all we do, we are committed to fostering a team spirit
and helping all of our customers.