The Commission to End Hunger has established three working groups; No Kid Hungry, Benefits Access and Emergency Food System to explore the challenges of and potential solutions for combating hunger in Illinois. Working groups will identify for their population the following:
- Identify all funding sources which can be used toward improving nutrition and ending hunger, for which the State has administrative control, and develop recommendations for future funding.
- Identify barriers to access and develop sustainable policies and programs to address those barriers.
- Consider where there are opportunities to promote and facilitate public-private partnerships.
- Identify strategies for long-term solutions to hunger through self-sufficiency.
- Make recommendations that address the barriers/resource constraints that are collaborative and client-centered.
- Develop benchmarks and set goals to indicate success.