The Illinois Department of Commerce is Your One-Stop Resource
Illinois businesses benefit from the state’s strategic location, world-class transportation and logistics infrastructure, loyal and well-educated workforce, major research and higher education assets, and legacy of innovation.
To make your selection process quick and efficient, the Illinois Department of Commerce provides free and confidential services to companies seeking to locate or expand in Illinois.
We are your one-stop resource for:
- Site Selection
- Customized Workforce Training
- Regional & Local Collaboration
- Expedited Permitting, Licensing & Other Approvals
- Connection to Key Stakeholders and Civic & Business Partners
- Potential Financial Support
- And More!
In addition, Illinois offers a highly competitive suite of incentives that may be available, including:
- Tax Credits Based on Job Creation
- Enterprise Zones & HIB Designations
- Tax Increment Financing (TIF)
- Workforce Recruitment & Training
- Non-Traditional Loans
- Roadway, Rail & Infrastructure
We look forward to working with you and your team!
Regional Economic Development Contacts
To help ensure local coordination for your project, the State of Illinois is divided into ten economic development regions.
Please click on the map to the right or in the menu above for regional details and contact information.
Please click here to download a copy of the Illinois Economic Development Regional map.
Statewide Economic Development Contacts
Victor Narusis, Deputy Director
Antonio Baxton, Assistant Deputy Director
David Pierson, Statewide Site Selector Coordinator