Click here for a list of Manufacturing Day events in Illinois.
Click here for the Manufacturing Month proclamation issued by Governor Bruce Rauner.
ILLINOIS MANUFACTURING HIGHLIGHTS
- 12,507 manufacturing firms in Illinois
- Illinois companies employ over 572,500 manufacturing workers
- Average annual income for Illinois manufacturing workers: $72,488
- Manufacturing is the third largest industry in Illinois
- Illinois is the fifth largest manufacturing state in the US by output
- Manufactured goods make up 92% of Illinois exports
WHAT IS MANUFACTURING MONTH?
Throughout the month, Governor Rauner, Lt. Governor Sanguinetti, Deputy Governor Munger, Director McCarthy, and other members of the Department will be participating in events across the state. If you are hosting an event, make sure to register it, or if you are looking to participate in events, make sure to visit http://www.mfgday.com/.
To obtain a copy of the Governor’s Proclamation of Manufacturing Month, please reach out to Leslie Strain at Leslie.Strain@illinois.gov.
Manufacturing is a longstanding pillar in Illinois’ economy. We are proud to recognize our manufacturing legacy in Illinois and the innumerable contributions manufacturers will continue to make for generations to come. Although Manufacturing Day officially occurs on the first Friday in October—this year is October 6, 2017—any day can be a Manufacturing Day.