The Office of Trade and Investment (OTI) promotes Illinois as an excellent place for business based on the state’s unique transportation infrastructure and location, talented workforce, easy access to key markets, and our positive business climate. Illinois is continuously recognized for its business attraction:
- Illinois ranks #3 for new and expanded corporate facilities. – Site Selection Magazine 2013 Governor’s Cup Rankings
The Chicago metropolitan area was ranked #2 in the U.S. in attracting projects through foreign direct investment - IBM Global Location Trends 2012 Report
Our overseas offices hold regular FDI outreach events and provide foreign companies with information on investment packages, site location, and the availability and advantages of its eight Foreign Trade Zones
located across the state.
For more information please contact our Foreign Direct Investment Manager to learn more - Rob Ginsburg (312-814-4954).
OTI and our Office of Business Development are the first stop for information on state assistance in locating or expanding in Illinois.
- Location and building identification support
- Key regulations and policy insight
- Access to critical governmental agencies (e.g. IDOT)
- Economic Development for a Growing Economy (EDGE)
- Business Development Public Infrastructure (BDPIP)
- Enterprise Zones and High Impact Business (HIB)
- Large Business Development Program (LBDP)
Advantage Illinois (SMEs)
- Capital Access Program
- Participation Loan Program
- Collateral Support Program
- Technical assistance to training and hiring resources
- Employer Training Investment Program
Foreign Trade Zones
- Sites where foreign and domestic merchandise is considered international trade and not subject to U.S. customs duties
- Eight FTZs and 29 subzones are located throughout Illinois