The Illinois Department of Commerce administers several programs and services that are designed to strengthen Illinois communities, improve energy efficiency, build neighborhoods, and create opportunities, including:
- Rental assistance and housing rehabilitation
- Utility bill assistance and home weatherization services
- Infrastructure improvements for communities and economic development
- Energy efficiency services for public buildings and low-income housing
- Emergency services due to disasters and temporary poverty situations
Click on the links on the right to learn more about our community and energy programs and services.