Featured Articles

  1. Article number 1 - Handicap Ramp
  •  showcasing a handicap ramp at a mans houseHandicap Ramp

    ​Need to make your home accessible?  Learn more about the opportunities provided by looking at our Community Services Block Grant (CSBG).


  1. DCEO
  2. Community Services
  3. Housing Assistance

Housing Assistance

The Department of Commerce and Community Development administers several programs that offer housing support including housing rehabilitation, rental assistance, and accessibility assistance for occupancy by persons with disabilities. Assistance is offered through the programs listed below and must be accessed either through a unit of local government, participating community action agency, or other not-for-profit organizations.

  • Community Services Block Grant Program (CSBG):  Through the CSBG program, community action agencies can offer rental assistance for income eligible families seeking housing.  For the community action agency in your area, go to the IACAA link found below.  To learn more about the CSBG program, go to the link found to the right.
  • Housing Rehabilitation Program:  Through the Housing Rehabilitation program, low-to-moderate income communities can apply for grants to improve housing and rehabilitate and retrofit properties.   A non-entitlement unit of local government can apply for a maximum of $450,000 in grant funds to improve the homes of its low-to-moderate income residents of owner occupied single family housing units.   Grants help provide residents with safe and sanitary living conditions and help to stabilize low to moderate income neighborhoods and affordable housing in the community.   To learn more about this program, go to the link found at right.