The Illinois Department of Commerce is the State Agency that leads economic development efforts for Illinois. Our main focus is to retain and create jobs in Illinois by marketing to:
- Existing businesses, encouraging them to reinvest and create more jobs for Illinois citizens;
- New businesses, inviting them to relocate, invest, and create new jobs;
- International companies, positioning Illinois as a global business destination for Foreign Direct Investment;
- Entrepreneurs and investors, connecting resources to support their startups and ventures; and
- Locally and globally, promoting Illinois as a world-class tourism and film destination.
Our Department is organized into the following Offices that are laser focused on economic growth for the State of Illinois: Business Development; Community Development; Employment & Training; Energy & Recycling; Energy Assistance; Entrepreneurship, Innovation & Technology; Film; Tourism; Trade & Investment; and Urban Assistance.
Click here to contact us.