Resumes and letters of interest should be sent to:
Deputy Director, Office of Human Resources
Senior Advisor, Director’s Office
Click here for information on other State of Illinois job opportunities.
Southern Regional Manager
Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity
Office of Regional Economic Development
Southern Regional Manager (Senior Public Service Administrator)
Serves as Regional Manager for the Southern region of the State. Formulates regional strategic plans, setting priorities for economic and business development in the Southern Region. Manages develops and directs all economic development programs; supervises staff; and develops regional partnerships businesses and local governments to promote economic growth.
- Designs regional protocol for economic and community development projects and incentive packages.
- Coordinates intra- and inter-agency resources and programs for regional projects.
- Develops initiatives and specific regional programs that promote economic development ventures for linchpin industries unique to the Southern Region, specifically focused on areas of Business and Workforce Development.
- Develops financial packages both within DCEO and other state agency resources that support and capitalize on the region’s linchpin industries that will bring the largest opportunity for economic growth to the region.
- Supervises staff, establishes annual goals and objectives, conducts annual evaluations, determines needs in an effort to achieve program objectives.
Education and Requirements:
Requires knowledge, skill and mental development equivalent to the completion of four years of college in economic development, marketing, and business administration. Requires four years of professional experience in business and economic development.
Requires a valid driver’s license in order to meet travel requirements on a regional and statewide basis to conduct meetings and field visits.