Business Enterprise Program (BEP)
BEP assists businesses owned by minorities, women and people with disabilities gain access to the State of Illinois procurement process. BEP certification with the State of Illinois can also open the door to opportunities with other public and private entities which are looking for diverse suppliers.
- The business is at least 51% owned and controlled by a minority, woman, or person
with disabilities (30 ILCS 575)
- The owner must be a citizen of the United States or legal permanent resident alien
- Annual gross sales of less than $75 million
How can I apply?
Recognition Certification Application
- Full BEP Certification Application Process
BEP has agreements with the following agencies and is able to accept certifications from any of the following entities:
- City of Chicago
- Chicago Transit Authority (CTA)
- Illinois Department of Transportation
- Cook County
- Chicago Minority Supplier Development Council
- Mid-States Minority Supplier Development Council
- Women’s Business Development Center
- Recognition certification is valid for 1 year
Eligible businesses may be certified in one or more of the following programs: Business Enterprise Program, Veterans Business Program, and Small Business Set-Aside Program.
Business Enterprise Program Act:
How can I receive information on Illinois Procurement Opportunities?
Although registration with the Procurement Bulletin is not necessary to browse the site, registration is required to download solicitation and to receive e-mail notifications for all solicitations, addendums, and award notices.
State of Illinois
Department of Central Management Services
Business Enterprise Program
100 W. Randolph
Chicago, IL 60601-3218
Call a BEP representative at 1-312-814-4190 or 1-800-356-9206 or email us at BEP.CMS@Illinois.gov