CMS Bureau of Property Management (BOPM) helps state agencies find space that meets their requirements while working to ensure low lease costs. In order to increase accessibility to lease data, BOPM has provided a listing of the State's Lease Inventory. The PDF spreadsheet will be updated once a month.
BOPM Leasing has made great strides cutting costs and minimizing our environmental footprint by:
- Using existing state-owned and leased space more efficiently;
- Reducing the number of overall leases;
- Implementing newer space utilization standards; and
- Eliminating any expired leases in holdover.
Through our Surplus Property program, we also re-distribute or dispose of surplus state and real property and administer the distribution of federal surplus property.
In addition, we provide Recycling services at CMS-managed facilities and electronic recycling services for equipment such as computers, monitors, printers and fax machines.
Cost-Savings and Quick Facts:
- Since January 29, 2009, CMS has consolidated 147 leases and rebid or renegotiated 279 leases. This has allowed us to eliminate more than 2 M square feet of leased space around the state.
- CMS has been using new space utilization standards to ensure the most efficient use of state-owned and state-leased space, saving money and reducing our environmental impact.
- Through termination of costly leases and consolidations wherever possible, we have achieved approximately $50.5 M in savings.