A visit to the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Museum addresses the following Illinois State Learning Standards.
State Goal 1: Read with understanding and fluency.
- Apply word analysis and vocabulary skills to comprehend selections.
- Apply reading strategies to improve understanding and fluency.
- Comprehend a broad range of reading materials
State Goal 4: Listen and speak effectively in a variety of situations
- Listen effectively in formal and informal situations.
- Speak effectively using language appropriate to the situation and audience
State Goal 5: Use the language arts to acquire, assess and communicate information.
- Analyze and evaluate information acquired from various sources.
State Goal 14: Understand political systems, with an emphasis on the United States
- Understand the development of United States political ideas and traditions.
State Goal 15: Understand economic systems, with an emphasis on the United States
- Understand how different economic systems operate in the exchange, production, distribution and consumption of goods and services.
State Goal 16: Understand events, trends, individuals and movements shaping the history of Illinois, the United States and other nations.
- Apply the skills of historical analysis and interpretation.
- Understand the development of significant political event
- Understand the development of economic systems.
- Understand Illinois, United States and world social history
State Goal 17: Understand world geography and the effects of geography on society, with an emphasis on the United States.
- Understand relationships between geographic factors and society.
- Understand the historical significance of geography
State Goal 18: Understand social systems with an emphasis on the United States.
- Compare characteristics of culture as reflected in language, literature, the arts, traditions and institutions
- Understand the roles and interactions of individuals and groups in society
- Understand how social systems form and develop over time