From 2012 to 2015, the Center for Digital Initiatives worked with the curatorial departments in the library and museum to digitize specific collections within the Library and make them available online to a worldwide audience. The Center also integrated digital content into the visitor experience in the Museum.
Sangamo Journal / Illinois State Journal
: This online publication in cooperation with the Newspaper Library at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign presents images and texts of the Whig / Republican newspaper in Springfield, Illinois, most associated with the political career and rise of Abraham Lincoln. Currently online are all available issues from 1831 to 1865.
The Old Soldier
: This online publication in cooperation with the Newspaper Library at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign presents images and texts of this 1840 Whig campaign newspaper devoted to the election of William Henry Harrison as president. Issues were digitized from the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum, Knox College, the Newberry Library, and the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
: This online publication includes images from many different collections within the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library.
- Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library Manuscript Finding Aids: Finding aids for nearly 700 collections in the Manuscripts department.
- Photographic Collection: This sampling of thousands of images provides an introduction to the photographic riches of the Presidential Library's collections in all aspects of Illinois history.
- Music Collection: This collection of sheet music, songsheets, and songbooks focuses on music about Abraham Lincoln and music published in Illinois in the nineteenth and early twentieth centuries.
- Louise and Barry Taper Collection: This premier collection of Lincolniana includes original manuscripts, artifacts, prints, broadsides, newspapers, photographs, artwork and other ephemera associated with the life, family, and assassin of Abraham Lincoln.
- Yates Family Papers: This collection focuses on the career of Richard Yates Sr. as the Civil War governor of Illinois.
- Yates Wabash Collection: This collection of Richard Yates Sr. papers complements the Yates Family Papers and was donated to the Presidential Library by Wabash College in Crawfordsville, Indiana.
Abraham Lincoln: Citizen of the World
: This online publication provides a geographical portal to hundreds of international letters of condolence on the assassination of Abraham Lincoln in 1865 and international reflections on the legacy of Abraham Lincoln at the 150th anniversary of his assassination in 2015.
: This mobile website offers visitors to the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Museum more information about Lincoln's life, an interactive digital scavenger hunt, and information on Lincoln's daily activities throughout his life.