Residential repair and renovation services are available in some Illinois communities. Residential repair and renovation services include adaptations to homes that can make it easier and safer to carry out activities such as bathing, cooking, and climbing stairs as well as alterations to the physical structure of the home to improve its overall safety and condition.
How It Works
How can Residential Repair and Renovation Services promote independence and prevent accidents? Here are some typical problems and their possible solutions:
- Problem: Difficulty getting in and out of the shower
- Solution: Install grab bars, shower seals or transfer benches
- Problem: Slipping in the tub or shower
- Solution: Place non-skid strips or decals in the tub or shower
- Problem: Difficulty turning faucet handles
- Solution: Replace with lever handles
- Problem: Access to homes
- Solution: Install ramps
- Problem: Inadequate heating or ventilation
- Solution: Install insulation and storm windows
- Problem: Problems climbing stairs
- Solution: Install handrails for support
To locate Residential Repair and Renovation Services in your community, contact...