Governor Quinn has ordered that all persons or entitities covered by the Illinois Flag Display Act are to fly the flag of the United States of America and Illinois flags at half-staff from sunrise to sunset on the day of the funeral of every fallen Illinois soldier and the two days preceding that day. For more information or questions regarding flag protocol, please contact Mike Claffey at 312-814-3957 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sign me up for the Flag Honors e-News Summaries
- 12/06/2013 - Flag lowering in honor of Nelson Mandela
The President of the United States of America ordered that American and Illinois Flag are to be flown at half-staff in honor and remembrance of: Nelson Mandela until: Sunset, Monday, December 9, 2013
- 12/05/2013 - Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day Flag lowering
United States flags and the State flags are to be flown at half-staff on behalf of: Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day Saturday, December 7, 2013
- 11/19/2013 - Lowering of Flags - The 50th Anniversary of the Assassination of President John F. Kennedy
United States and Illinois flags at half-staff from sunrise, Friday, November 22 until sunset, Friday, November 22, 2013.
- 11/01/2013 - Lowering of Flags - Officer Casey Kohlmeier of the Pontiac Police Department
- 10/29/2013 - honoring Thomas S. Foley
former Speaker of the House of Representatives
- 09/24/2013 - Honoring Staff Sergeant Randall R. Lane
- 09/20/2013 - Major James E. Sizemore United States Air Force
- 09/17/2013 - Sergeant 1st Class Jerome Baker Illinois National Guard