The Workforce/Jobs News section provides access to all State of Illinois press releases that have been published relating to employment, the creation of jobs, and issues impacting the Illinois workforce.
- 11/05/2015 - State Announces “Where Workers Work” Report Now Available
CHICAGO – The Illinois Department of Employment Security announced today that the “Where Workers Work” report, a tabulation of employment as reported by employers to the state, is now available on the Department’s website. The report reflects only private-sector employment for Chicago and the northeastern six-county area, and is produced once a year using first quarter data from the Quarterly Census of Employment and Wages (QCEW) program.
- 10/16/2015 - State to Issue $15 million in Credits to Correct Overcharge in Unemployment Contribution Tax Rates
CHICAGO–The Illinois Department of Employment Security (IDES) will issue $15 million in credits to thousands of new employers within eight industries which were incorrectly charged higher unemployment tax rates since 2013.
- 09/01/2015 - Governor Bruce Rauner Proclaims Workforce Development Week
SPRINGFIELD – Governor Bruce Rauner proclaimed this week, August 31 – September 6, 2015, Workforce Development Week in Illinois to highlight the vital role education and training play in helping Illinois residents prepare for in-demand careers, that provide employers with a skilled, qualified workforce to grow our state’s economy. Workforce Development Week celebrates a new era of collaboration and coordination of federal, state and local resources and workforce development programs under the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA), which went into effect July 1, 2015.
- 05/20/2015 - IL Nursing Survey Reveals Approaching RN Shortage
- 04/29/2015 - Governor Rauner and Director Chaviano Commemorate Workers’ Memorial Day at Essentra Specialty Tapes
- 04/06/2015 - Illinois OSHA Recognizes Lafayette Steel & Aluminum Sales LLC with SHARP Status
- 12/18/2014 - Governor Quinn Announces Illinois’ Unemployment Rate Hits New Low
- 10/30/2014 - Governor Quinn Joins UI LABS to Break Ground on New Digital Manufacturing Hub