The Workforce/Jobs News section provides access to all State of Illinois press releases that have been published relating to employment, the creation of jobs, and issues impacting the Illinois workforce.
- 04/14/2014 - Extending Federal Unemployment Would Help 64,000 Illinois Workers
CHICAGO – When federal long-term unemployment benefits ended in December, 74,000 Illinois workers immediately lost their temporary help. One month later, 64,000 or 86 percent, still were without work, according to an Illinois Department of Employment Security analysis released today.
- 04/10/2014 - Governor Quinn Announces $223 Million to Restore Chicago to Rockford Amtrak Service
ROCKFORD – Governor Pat Quinn today announced a $223 million state capital investment that will create hundreds of jobs and restart Amtrak service between Rockford and Chicago beginning in 2015. The return of passenger rail to Rockford for the first time since 1981 will begin with one round trip daily between Chicago’s Union Station and a temporary station located in Rockford. Service will be expanded the following year and will eventually continue west to Dubuque, Iowa. The projects are part of Governor Quinn’s agenda to create jobs and build a 21st century infrastructure that will drive Illinois’ economy forward.
- 04/09/2014 - Governor Quinn Unveils Six-Year, $8.6 Billion Transportation Construction Program
SPRINGFIELD – Days after receiving positive feedback from bond rating agencies regarding his fiscal year 2015 budget plan, Governor Pat Quinn today unveiled a six-year, $8.6 billion construction program that will improve roads and bridges throughout Illinois while making major investments in public transportation. The projects are part of Governor Quinn’s agenda to create jobs and build a 21st century infrastructure that will drive Illinois’ economy forward.
- 04/08/2014 - Governor Quinn Announces $2.6 Million Capital Investment in Illinois Central College
- 04/07/2014 - Governor Quinn Announces $100 Million for Local Transportation Improvements Across Illinois
- 04/03/2014 - Governor Quinn Announces $451,000 to Renovate Highway Maintenance Facilities in Peoria, Marshall and Woodford Counties
- 04/03/2014 - Governor Quinn Announces $4.2 Million for Grade Separation Project in O’Fallon
- 04/03/2014 - Governor Quinn Announces $3.2 Million to Renovate Illinois Youth Center – St. Charles Intake Building