The Workforce/Jobs News section provides access to all State of Illinois press releases that have been published relating to employment, the creation of jobs, and issues impacting the Illinois workforce.
- 10/30/2014 - Governor Quinn Joins UI LABS to Break Ground on New Digital Manufacturing Hub
CHICAGO – Governor Pat Quinn today was joined by U.S. Senator Dick Durbin, Mayor Rahm Emanuel and leadership from UI LABS to break ground on UI LABS’ future headquarters and the new Digital Manufacturing and Design Innovation Institute (DMDII). The event is part of Governor Quinn’s agenda to create jobs and drive Illinois’ economy forward.
- 10/29/2014 - Governor Quinn Announces Cronus Has Chosen Illinois for New $1.4 Billion Fertilizer Plant
TUSCOLA – Governor Pat Quinn today was joined by company officials to announce that Cronus Fertilizers, a much-anticipated $1.4 billion fertilizer plant, will be built in Tuscola. Following a search process that included 76 sites in nine states, Cronus has chosen Illinois to expand their business with a new facility that will create approximately 2,000 construction jobs and 175 permanent jobs.
- 10/28/2014 - Governor Quinn, Senator Durbin and Amazon Announce 1,000 Full-Time Jobs in Illinois
CHICAGO – Governor Pat Quinn, U.S. Senator Dick Durbin and Amazon.com Inc. today announced plans to create more than 1,000 full-time jobs and $75 million in investment in Illinois. Amazon is beginning site selection activities and it plans to open its first facility in Illinois next year.
- 10/27/2014 - Governor Quinn Announces Coyote Logistics to Expand in Illinois, Create 500 New Jobs
- 10/17/2014 - Governor Quinn Visits Chicago Chocolate Business as Illinois Comeback Continues
- 10/16/2014 - Governor Quinn Announces Investment in Macon County South East Beltway
- 10/16/2014 - Governor Quinn Breaks Ground on AAR Corporation Expansion in Rockford That Will Create 500 Jobs
- 09/29/2014 - Governor Quinn and Uber Announce Major Chicago Headquarters Expansion