The Workforce/Jobs News section provides access to all State of Illinois press releases that have been published relating to employment, the creation of jobs, and issues impacting the Illinois workforce.
- 05/21/2013 - IDES Offices Closed May 27 to Observe Memorial Day
CHICAGO – Offices of the Illinois Department of Employment Security (IDES) will close on Monday, May 27, in observance of Memorial Day. All services will be available on the website. Claimants scheduled to certify for benefits should do so. Regular office hours of 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. will resume Tuesday, May 28.
- 05/16/2013 - Unemployment Rate Declines to 9.3 Percent
CHICAGO – The April unemployment rate fell to 9.3 percent from 9.5 percent in March, according to preliminary data released today by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) and the Illinois Department of Employment Security (IDES). There were -2,000 fewer jobs over the month yet +40,300 more jobs than one year ago. The data is seasonally adjusted.
- 05/13/2013 - TeleServe Certification Number to Change
CHICAGO – On May 16, the TeleServe certification number will change to (312) 338-4337 (IDES). The current TeleServe number will be in use through the end of the day on May 15. Internet certification does not change and remains the preferred method for timeliness and accuracy, the Illinois Department of Employment Security (IDES) said today. The change will save Illinois taxpayers $2 million each year.
- 05/01/2013 - Governor Quinn Announces Illinois Coal Exports Set Record in 2012, Fuel Economic Growth
- 04/30/2013 - Governor Quinn Announces Expansion of High-Speed Railcar Factory in Rochelle
- 04/24/2013 - Governor Quinn Addresses Annual Conference on Affordable Housing
- 04/18/2013 - March Unemployment Rate Holds at 9.5 Percent
- 04/17/2013 - Governor Quinn Unveils Six-Year, $12.62 Billion Transportation Construction Program