The Transportation News section provides access to all State of Illinois press releases that have been published about transportation safety, roads, innovations, and public transportation.
- 11/20/2014 - Governor Quinn Announces Investments for Quad Cities Area Construction Projects
SPRINGFIELD – Governor Pat Quinn today announced investments of more than $2 million for construction projects in the Quad Cities area. The road projects in Rock Island and Whiteside Counties are part of his $31 billion Illinois Jobs Now! capital construction program, and address critical infrastructure needs in central Illinois. The announcement is part of Governor Quinn’s agenda to create jobs and drive Illinois’ economy forward.
- 11/17/2014 - Transportation, Law Enforcement Agencies Announce Preparations, Driving Reminders for Upcoming Winter
CHICAGO –With colder weather rapidly approaching and winter right around the corner, the Illinois Department of Transportation (IDOT), the Illinois Tollway and the Illinois State Police (ISP) today announced that they are fully prepared for the upcoming snow-and-ice season and once again reminded motorists that when there is “Ice and Snow, Take it Slow.” Throughout the state, salt domes are being restocked following last year’s historic winter and snow plows and emergency equipment are ready to be pressed into action during the coming months.
- 11/12/2014 - Illinois Vehicle Crashes Involving Deer Still on the Decline
SPRINGFIELD – The Illinois Department of Transportation (IDOT) and Illinois Department of Natural Resources (IDNR) today announced that crashes involving deer are still on the decline in Illinois. Data reveals a one percent decline in motor vehicle vs. deer crashes, from 15,495 in 2012 to 15,334 in 2013.
- 10/30/2014 - Governor Quinn Announces Investment for I-74 Mississippi River Bridge in the Quad Cities
- 10/29/2014 - IDOT, Illinois State and Local Law Enforcement Step Up Patrols for Halloween Weekend to Help Prevent Fatal Traffic Crashes
- 10/27/2014 - Governor Quinn Announces Investment in Quincy’s Mid-America Port
- 10/27/2014 - Governor Quinn Announces Completion of First Phase on Route 59 Improvement Project
- 10/27/2014 - Governor Quinn Announces Major I-55/Weber Road Improvement Project Moving Forward