The Transportation News section provides access to all State of Illinois press releases that have been published about transportation safety, roads, innovations, and public transportation.
- 04/15/2015 - Motorcycle Season Revs Up, Riders Urged to “Gear Up-Ride Smart”
SPRINGFIELD – Spring is rolling in, the weather is getting warmer and motorcycles are emerging from winter hibernation. Before riders hit the road, the Illinois Department of Transportation (IDOT) and the Illinois Motorcycle Dealers Association are reminding them to invest in their safety and “Gear Up-Ride Smart.”
- 04/14/2015 - IDOT’s Operation Teen Safe Driving Program Announces 2014-15 Winning Schools
SPRINGFIELD – The Illinois Department of Transportation, Ford Motor Company Fund, Allstate Foundation, Illinois Secretary of State Jesse White and Illinois State Police today announced the winning schools from each of the seven regions of the 2014-15 Operation Teen Safe Driving (OTSD) program.
- 03/24/2015 - Motorists Urged to ‘Expect the Unexpected’ in Work Zones this Construction Season in Illinois
SPRINGFIELD – The Illinois Department of Transportation (IDOT), Illinois State Police (ISP) and the Illinois Tollway were joined by their industry partners today to kick off National Work Zone Awareness Week with a reminder to all Illinois motorists: Expect the unexpected driving through work zones. To signal the start of construction season and call attention to the dangers of driving in work zones, Governor Bruce Rauner has signed a proclamation designating this week as “Work Zone Safety Week” in Illinois.
- 03/12/2015 - IDOT, Illinois State Police, Local Law Enforcement:
Luck Alone Will Not Get You Home on St. Patrick’s Day
- 02/20/2015 - Snow and Freezing Rain to Impact Travel in Illinois
- 01/31/2015 - Heavy Snowfall, Strong Winds to Create Hazardous Conditions Tonight and Super Bowl Sunday
- 12/30/2014 - Illinois to Experience Sixth Straight Year with Fewer than 1,000 Motor Vehicle Fatalities
- 12/18/2014 - Law Enforcement, IDOT Make Final Push to Save Lives in 2014, Roadside Safety Checks Planned Over Holidays