The Transportation News section provides access to all State of Illinois press releases that have been published about transportation safety, roads, innovations, and public transportation.
- 08/31/2014 - Governor Quinn Invests $102 Million in High-Speed Rail Upgrades on Chicago-St. Louis Line
CHICAGO – Governor Pat Quinn today announced a $102 million investment from the Illinois Jobs Now! capital program to improve system performance and reliability on a key segment of the Chicago-to-St. Louis high-speed rail line. The investment will allow the Illinois Department of Transportation and the Union Pacific Railroad to move forward with construction of a new bridge over the Kankakee River near Wilmington, as well as other safety and capacity enhancements along the busy corridor between Joliet and Dwight. Today’s announcement is part of Governor Quinn’s agenda to create jobs and build a 21st century infrastructure that will drive Illinois’ economy forward.
- 08/30/2014 - Governor Quinn Announces Algonquin Bypass Will Open September 4
ALGONQUIN – Governor Pat Quinn today announced that the Algonquin Bypass will open, weather permitting, Thursday, Sept. 4, three years after construction started on the project. Made possible by his Illinois Jobs Now! capital construction program, the $88.5 million Algonquin Bypass is a new, four-lane segment of Illinois Route 31 that will improve mobility in and around Algonquin, enhancing the quality of life for local residents and making the entire area more attractive for economic development and job creation. The announcement is part of Governor Quinn’s agenda to create jobs and drive Illinois’ economy forward.
- 08/29/2014 - Governor Quinn Dedicates Jane Byrne Interchange
CHICAGO – Governor Pat Quinn today formally dedicated the “Jane Byrne Interchange” in downtown Chicago in honor of the woman who shattered glass ceilings in both regional and national politics by becoming the first woman to govern a major American city. Also known as the Circle Interchange, the meeting point of most of the city’s major highways is being completely reconstructed as part of the state’s largest ongoing road construction project.
- 08/27/2014 - IDOT, Law Enforcement Crack Down on Drunk Drivers Labor Day Weekend to Avoid Fatal Crashes
- 08/25/2014 - Governor Quinn Vetoes Uber Bill
- 08/22/2014 - Governor Quinn Signs Landmark Legislation to Reform Illinois’ Mass Transit Agencies
- 08/22/2014 - Governor Quinn Dedicates Jerry F. Costello Expressway
- 08/21/2014 - IDOT Takes Major Steps to Strengthen Personnel Practices