The Transportation News section provides access to all State of Illinois press releases that have been published about transportation safety, roads, innovations, and public transportation.
- 07/28/2014 - Governor Quinn Reminds Drivers to Take Caution in Work Zones, Directs State Agencies to Redouble Efforts to Protect Public and Workers
CHICAGO – Governor Pat Quinn today directed the Illinois Department of Transportation (IDOT), Illinois Tollway and Illinois State Police to explore additional highway safety measures in the wake of last week’s tragedy that claimed five lives in an Interstate 55 work zone near Channahon. The Governor also urged the public to do their part to help crack down on reckless and inattentive driving in work zones throughout Illinois.
- 07/22/2014 - Governor Quinn Signs $1.1 Billion Capital Construction Bill
CHICAGO - Governor Pat Quinn today signed a new state capital construction bill that invests $1.1 billion in road and bridge projects to improve transportation and create jobs and boost economic development across Illinois, including Cook and DuPage Counties. The bill, which follows Governor Quinn’s successful six-year, $31 billion Illinois Jobs Now! capital construction program, will deliver more than 210 projects and create an estimated 14,300 jobs. The legislation is part of Governor Quinn’s agenda to create jobs and drive Illinois’ economy forward.
- 07/17/2014 - Governor Quinn Expands Job Training Program for Illinois’ Hardworking Residents
CHICAGO – As Illinois’ unemployment rate fell to its lowest point since October 2008, Governor Pat Quinn today announced Employ Illinois, an expansion of his efforts to provide diverse residents with training for jobs in the construction industry. Offered through the Illinois Department of Transportation (IDOT) and the Illinois Tollway, Employ Illinois links job seekers with training and also increases the incentive paid to contractors from $10 to $15 an hour for each program graduate they put to work. Today’s announcement is part of Governor Quinn’s agenda to create jobs and help drive Illinois’ economy forward.
- 07/11/2014 - Governor Quinn Announces $25.5 Million for Major Road – Railroad Separation Project in Aurora
- 07/02/2014 - Governor Quinn Unveils I-74 Section Renaming for Former U.S. Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood
- 07/01/2014 - IDOT Acquires Bult Field, Major Milestone for South Suburban Airport
- 06/27/2014 - Governor Quinn, Senator Durbin, Union Pacific Announce $90 Million Investment in West Line, Celebrate End of $82 Million CREATE Project
- 06/16/2014 - IDOT Opens New DBE South Suburban Resource Center