The Tourism/Recreation News section provides access to all State of Illinois press releases that have been published about state tourism and issues relating to vacation and recreation opportunities within the state.
- 06/10/2015 - Classic Rock Returns To The Grandstand
DuQuoin, IL – State Fair Manager Patrick Buchen announced today three more acts are slated to perform at the DuQuoin State Fair Grandstand stage.
On Friday, September 4, classic rock returns to the Grandstand as Night Ranger takes the stage. Selling more than 17 million albums worldwide, Night Ranger transcended the sounds and styles of the 1980’s. Best known for hits such as, “Sister Christian,” “When You Close Your Eyes,” and “(You Can Still) Rock in America,” Night Ranger continues to perform for sold-out crowds around the world. Illinois’ very own Head East will return home to southern Illinois to kick off this night of rock.
- 05/20/2015 - The American Red Cross, Illinois DCFS, Illinois DNR and Illinois Association of Park Districts Team Up to Promote Water Safety, Prevent Drowning
SPRINGFIELD, Ill. – The American Red Cross, Illinois Department of Children and Family Services (DCFS), Illinois Department of Natural Resources and the Illinois Association of Park Districts will team up for a 10:00 a.m. press conference on Wednesday, May 20 at the Springfield Elks Lodge #158, 409 East Lake Shore Drive.
- 05/06/2015 - Growing Illinois Announced As The Theme For The 2015 Illinois State Fair
State Fair Manager Patrick Buchen is pleased to announce the theme for the 2015 Illinois State Fair—“Growing Illinois”. “Growing Illinois” is an all-encompassing theme that goes well beyond the rows in a cornfield. It speaks to the hard working men and women in Illinois who help feed and clothe this great nation, ultimately growing the State’s economy.
- 03/20/2015 - Brantley Gilbert, Rascal Flatts, Sammy Hagar Among Top Performers At 2015 Illinois State Fair
- 03/17/2015 - More Than 1,000 Youth to Compete in Illinois State Archery Tournament for Grades 4-12
- 03/12/2015 - IDNR to Host Public Hearing on Federal Disaster Resilience Grant Competition
- 11/25/2014 - Illinois Snowmobile Operators Reminded to Focus on Sled Safety
- 09/25/2014 - Governor Quinn Presents Gene & Jude’s with Inaugural “Enjoy Illinois: Delicious Destination” Award