The Tourism/Recreation News section provides access to all State of Illinois press releases that have been published about state tourism and issues relating to vacation and recreation opportunities within the state.
- 03/20/2015 - Brantley Gilbert, Rascal Flatts, Sammy Hagar Among Top Performers At 2015 Illinois State Fair
SPRINGFIELD – The grandstand lineup at the 2015 Illinois State Fair is beginning to take shape. Illinois State Fair management is pleased to announce Sammy Hagar and The Circle will take the stage opening night, August 14.
Hagar has been rocking the music industry for nearly 40 years. In addition to a successful solo career, Hagar is well known as the former lead signer of Van Halen and Montrose. Hagar has produced hits such as “I Can’t Drive 55,” “There’s Only One Way to Rock,” “Your Love is Driving Me Crazy,” and “Three Lock Box.” Joining Hagar as he takes the stage will be fellow musicians Michael Anthony, Vic Johnson and Jason Bonham. The trio call themselves “The Circle.”
- 03/17/2015 - More Than 1,000 Youth to Compete in Illinois State Archery Tournament for Grades 4-12
SPRINGFIELD – The Illinois Department of Natural Resources will host the National Archery in the Schools Program (NASP) Illinois State Tournament on Saturday, March 21 at the Orr Building on the Illinois State Fairgrounds in Springfield. Participation continues to grow as 1,056 archers from 38 schools have qualified to compete. Participation in the State Tournament has climbed steadily from 400 in 2012 to 700 in 2013 and 873 in 2014. Top finishers qualify for the NASP National Tournament to be held May 7-9 in Louisville, Kentucky.
- 03/12/2015 - IDNR to Host Public Hearing on Federal Disaster Resilience Grant Competition
SPRINGFIELD – The Illinois Department of Natural Resources (IDNR) will host a public hearing on the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development’s (HUD) National Disaster Resilience Competition, a grant program designed to help states and their communities better prepare for and withstand natural disasters.
- 11/25/2014 - Illinois Snowmobile Operators Reminded to Focus on Sled Safety
- 09/25/2014 - Governor Quinn Presents Gene & Jude’s with Inaugural “Enjoy Illinois: Delicious Destination” Award
- 09/15/2014 - Biologists Conclude Second Year of IDNR Osprey Recovery Project
- 09/08/2014 - IDNR Explores Hiring Concessionaire to Manage World Shooting and Recreational Complex
- 08/11/2014 - Veterans’ Day at the Illinois State Fair Great Success for Thousands