The Tourism/Recreation News section provides access to all State of Illinois press releases that have been published about state tourism and issues relating to vacation and recreation opportunities within the state.
- 08/11/2014 - Veterans’ Day at the Illinois State Fair Great Success for Thousands
Springfield -- The Illinois Department of Veterans’ Affairs (IDVA), in cooperation with the Illinois Department of Agriculture and the Illinois State Fair, hosted veterans and their family members to a great day at the State Fair – admission free – on Sunday, Aug. 10, 2014, with a surprise visit by Governor Pat Quinn, Comptroller Judy Baar Topinka and other elected and appointed officials to veteran-centric events.
- 08/08/2014 - Illinois EPA Features Interactive Exhibit at State Fair’s Conservation World
SPRINGFIELD—Illinois EPA Director Lisa Bonnett today announced the Agency’s participation in the 2014 Illinois State Fair Exhibits. In keeping with this year’s State Fair theme “Making Memories,” the Agency’s State Fair exhibit theme will be “Recycling Memories at the Illinois State Fair.” Using a carnival/midway theme, the exhibit will teach visiting youth how to recycle and highlight “green actions” they can take at home.
- 08/01/2014 - Governor Quinn Signs Law to Reduce Fishing and Hunting License Fees for Older Adults
CARTERVILLE – Governor Pat Quinn today visited Crab Orchard Lake in southern Illinois to sign a law that reduces sport fishing and hunting license fees to $1 for Illinois residents over 75 years of age. Today’s action is part of Governor Quinn’s agenda to help more older adults enjoy recreational opportunities in Illinois.
- 07/31/2014 - Fishing, Wildlife, Dog Shows, Free Entertainment and Smokey Bear Highlight Youth and Family Fun at Conservation World during Illinois State Fair
- 07/10/2014 - Governor Quinn Announces Record-Breaking Visitors to Illinois in 2013
- 06/13/2014 - IDNR Launches “State Parks, Great Parks” Initiative
- 06/11/2014 - Statement from IDNR Director Marc Miller on American Black Bear Sightings
- 05/06/2014 - Governor Quinn, IDNR Tout International Migratory Bird Day, Illinois Spring Bird Count on Saturday, May 10