The Tourism/Recreation News section provides access to all State of Illinois press releases that have been published about state tourism and issues relating to vacation and recreation opportunities within the state.
- 02/08/2016 - Illinois State Museum to Reopen to the Public
SPRINGFIELD – Illinois Department of Natural Resources (IDNR) Director Wayne A. Rosenthal announced today that an agreement has been reached to reopen the Illinois State Museum to the public. IDNR has worked closely with Governor Bruce Rauner’s office to develop a new, more sustainable model for operating the museum that will save about $1 million per year by closing two museum branches, consolidating human resources and accounting functions within IDNR, and by development of a new management and organizational structure. The museum will also seek to improve revenue by charging an admission fee, and increase fundraising efforts through an improved partnership with the Illinois State Museum Society.
- 08/18/2015 - Volunteers Honored by Illinois DNR at Illinois State Fair Ceremony
SPRINGFIELD, IL – The Illinois Department of Natural Resources (IDNR) will host the annual IDNR Outstanding Volunteers of the Year ceremony at Conservation World at the Illinois State Fair in Springfield on Saturday, Aug. 22.
- 08/18/2015 - Illinois Department of Labor Honors Agriculture Day at Illinois State Fair with Grain Bin Rescue Tube Demonstration
SPRINGFIELD — In honor of Agriculture Day at the Illinois State Fair, the Illinois Department of Labor invites the public to watch an interactive, live grain bin rescue tube demonstration.
- 08/13/2015 - Veterans’ Day at the 2015 Illinois State Fair Sunday, Aug. 16
- 08/11/2015 - Illinois Department of Labor to Conduct Amusement Ride Safety Inspections at Illinois State Fair
- 06/10/2015 - Classic Rock Returns To The Grandstand
- 05/20/2015 - The American Red Cross, Illinois DCFS, Illinois DNR and Illinois Association of Park Districts Team Up to Promote Water Safety, Prevent Drowning
- 05/06/2015 - Growing Illinois Announced As The Theme For The 2015 Illinois State Fair