The Technology News section provides access to all State of Illinois press releases that have been published about how the state is utilizing, promoting, and leveraging technology through programs such as the Illinois Century Network, and PKI, under the direction of the Illinois Technology Office. Included in this topic are a wealth of issues, including nanotechnology, biotechnology, and other technological advances.
- 05/03/2013 - Governor Quinn, Mayor Emanuel Announce Successful First Year of 1871 Digital Startup Hub
CHICAGO – Governor Pat Quinn and Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel’s administration today joined leaders from 1871 – the first-of-its-kind digital startup hub – to release data showcasing its positive impact on the local economy. During its first year, the co-working center for digital startups in Chicago has generated 800 jobs and tens of millions of dollars in investment, while paving the way for future business leaders.
- 04/24/2013 - Governor Quinn Announces UIC Health Technology Research Hub
CHICAGO – Governor Pat Quinn today was joined by officials from the University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC) and the Illinois Medical District (IMD) Commission to announce a $3.4 million, 12,000-square-foot lab and office space that will serve as a new hub for Chicago’s flourishing bioscience industry. Part of the governor’s agenda to create jobs and drive Illinois’ economy forward, the Health, Technology, Innovation (HTI) at Chicago Technology Park will bring scientists, clinicians, engineers and industry together and create the nexus for an interdisciplinary approach to drug, diagnostic, medical device and information technology development. The announcement comes as Chicago hosts the BIO Conference, the largest biotech conference in the nation.
- 04/11/2013 - Governor Quinn Proclaims “Innovation Day” in Illinois
SPRINGFIELD – Governor Pat Quinn proclaimed today “Innovation Day” in Illinois while hosting an annual innovation forum at the Executive Mansion. Today’s action is part of Governor Quinn’s agenda to foster innovation and drive Illinois’ economy forward. Innovation Day brings together the Illinois Science & Technology Coalition (ISTC), the Illinois Innovation Council and members of the General Assembly to discuss the state’s progress in today’s growing innovation marketplace.
- 03/28/2013 - Governor Quinn Launches Blue Waters Supercomputer at University of Illinois
- 01/18/2013 - Governor Quinn Announces Gigabit Internet Partnership with City of Evanston and Northwestern University
- 12/01/2012 - Governor Quinn Announces $1.3 Million to Improve Healthcare in Underserved Areas of Illinois
- 11/30/2012 - Team Led by Argonne National Lab Selected as DOE’s Advanced Battery and Energy Storage Hub
- 10/20/2012 - Governor Quinn Launches Illinois Open Technology Challenge