The Technology News section provides access to all State of Illinois press releases that have been published about how the state is embracing and promoting technologies such as broadband, open data, cloud computing, nanotechnology, biotechnology, and other technological advances.
- 10/16/2014 - Governor Quinn Announces $1 Million Investment in Chicago Innovation Exchange
CHICAGO – Governor Pat Quinn today announced an investment in the new Chicago Innovation Exchange, an innovative business incubator for entrepreneurs. The state’s partnership will help provide resources for University of Chicago faculty and students and local community entrepreneurs as they turn discoveries and ideas into startups. Today’s announcement is part of Governor Quinn’s agenda to create jobs and drive Illinois’ economy forward.
- 10/14/2014 - Governor Quinn Joins 1871 to Open Major Expansion of Chicago’s Digital Startup Hub
CHICAGO - Governor Pat Quinn today was joined by 1871 CEO Howard A. Tullman to officially open a major expansion of the innovative digital startup hub. The $2.5 million expansion, funded by the Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity (DCEO), will increase 1871's current size by 50 percent and create space for alumni companies, venture capital firms and several incubators, accelerators and programs. In total, the new space will allow 1871 to house approximately 400 companies within The Merchandise Mart. The announcement is part of Governor Quinn’s agenda to create jobs and drive Illinois’ economy forward.
- 08/01/2014 - Governor Quinn Announces Completion of Cutting Edge Broadband Network
NORMAL – Governor Pat Quinn today announced the completion of a nearly $100 million, four-year project to install more than 1,000 new miles of high-speed fiber-optic broadband infrastructure across 55 Illinois counties. Supported by the Governor’s Illinois Jobs Now! construction program, the project created nearly 700 jobs expanding access to high-speed broadband services for schools, libraries, hospitals and internet providers throughout Illinois. The network is part of the Governor’s agenda to create jobs and drive Illinois’ economy forward.
- 06/23/2014 - Governor Quinn Announces Successful Results of Inaugural Illinois Corporate-Startup Challenge
- 06/17/2014 - Governor Quinn and 1871 Announce Major 25,000 Square Foot Expansion
- 06/16/2014 - Governor Quinn Announces eBay Inc. to Expand in Illinois
- 05/12/2014 - Public-private partnership to train women, minorities for technology jobs
- 04/03/2014 - Governor Quinn Proclaims April 3 as Innovation Day in Illinois