The Technology News section provides access to all State of Illinois press releases that have been published about how the state is embracing and promoting technologies such as broadband, open data, cloud computing, nanotechnology, biotechnology, and other technological advances.
- 08/01/2014 - Governor Quinn Announces Completion of Cutting Edge Broadband Network
NORMAL – Governor Pat Quinn today announced the completion of a nearly $100 million, four-year project to install more than 1,000 new miles of high-speed fiber-optic broadband infrastructure across 55 Illinois counties. Supported by the Governor’s Illinois Jobs Now! construction program, the project created nearly 700 jobs expanding access to high-speed broadband services for schools, libraries, hospitals and internet providers throughout Illinois. The network is part of the Governor’s agenda to create jobs and drive Illinois’ economy forward.
- 06/23/2014 - Governor Quinn Announces Successful Results of Inaugural Illinois Corporate-Startup Challenge
CHICAGO – Governor Pat Quinn today was joined by CEOs from some of Illinois’ top companies and rising startups to announce the successful results of the inaugural “Corporate-Startup Challenge” program. The pilot program, conceived by the Illinois Innovation Council and managed by the Illinois Science & Technology Coalition (ISTC), has resulted in 18 startups actively pursuing partnerships with leading Illinois corporations. The partnerships vary by company, but include investments, contracts and mentorships. These partnerships with leading corporations are critical to the long-term success of the startups. The initiative is part of Governor Quinn’s agenda to drive innovation and create jobs throughout Illinois.
- 06/17/2014 - Governor Quinn and 1871 Announce Major 25,000 Square Foot Expansion
CHICAGO - Governor Pat Quinn today was joined by 1871 CEO Howard A. Tullman and members of the Chicagoland Entrepreneurial Center board of directors to announce that 1871 will grow by 25,000 square feet this summer. The $2.5 million expansion will increase 1871’s size by 50 percent and is the latest major accomplishment for the innovative co-working space, which just had its second birthday.
- 06/16/2014 - Governor Quinn Announces eBay Inc. to Expand in Illinois
- 05/12/2014 - Public-private partnership to train women, minorities for technology jobs
- 04/03/2014 - Governor Quinn Proclaims April 3 as Innovation Day in Illinois
- 04/03/2014 - Governor Quinn Announces Bioscience Innovator LanzaTech to Establish Global Headquarters in Illinois
- 04/01/2014 - State’s Top Doc Announces Illinois Public Health Datapalooza Challenge Winners