The State of Illinois News page provides access to the Illinois Government News Network and all state press releases.
- 09/16/2014 - State Recognizes Adult Day Service Providers During Awareness Week from September 14th to 20th
SPRINGFIELD - In observance of Adult Day Services week Illinois Department on Aging (IDoA) Director John K. Holton, Ph.D., is praising providers who offer support services at Adult Day Centers. Adult Day Service (ADS) is designed for older adults who want to remain in the community but face limitations if left home alone during the day due to physical, social and/or mental impairment. In addition to recreational and therapeutic activities to help clients maintain/develop physical and mental status, ADS provides health and medication supervision, personal care, and meal service for clients. ADS providers also offer respite for family caregivers, especially those who are employed outside the home.
- 09/16/2014 - IDOT, Secretary of State and AAA Launch National Child Passenger Safety Week in Illinois
SPRINGFIELD – The Illinois Department of Transportation (IDOT), Illinois Secretary of State, American Academy of Pediatrics – Illinois Chapter and AAA today launched 2014 National Child Passenger Safety Week in Illinois. The annual campaign brings attention to the importance of properly securing all children in appropriate car seats, booster seats or seat belts.
- 09/15/2014 - Biologists Conclude Second Year of IDNR Osprey Recovery Project
SPRINGFIELD, IL – Illinois Department of Natural Resources (IDNR) biologists are wrapping up the second summer of a long-term project to re-establish the osprey as a nesting species in the state. The osprey is listed as an Illinois state-endangered species, meaning it is at risk of disappearing as a breeding species. While the osprey often is seen during spring and fall migration, few remain in Illinois to nest. Birds from Joint Base Langley-Eustis in Virginia are brought to Illinois to be released at Anderson Lake in Fulton County and Lake Shelbyville in Moultrie County.
- 09/13/2014 - Governor Quinn Announces Clean Water Investments in Stickney and Burbank
- 09/13/2014 - Governor Quinn Honors “Latinos Building Illinois”
- 09/12/2014 - Governor Quinn Announces $200 Million Milestone for Welcome Home Heroes Homeownership Program
- 09/11/2014 - Southern Illinois University Carbondale Receives Governor’s Award for Excellence in Veteran Education
- 09/11/2014 - Governor Quinn Honors Fallen Servicemembers on Patriot Day
- 09/10/2014 - Serve Illinois to Celebrate 20th Anniversary of AmeriCorps in State’s Capital
- 09/09/2014 - The Illinois Office Of The State Fire Marshal Reminds College Students To Make Fire Safety A Priority