The State of Illinois News page provides access to the Illinois Government News Network and all state press releases.
- 10/18/2014 - Governor Quinn and Mayor Emanuel Announce $20 Million Investment for Gately Park in Chicago
CHICAGO – Governor Pat Quinn and Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel today announced a $20 million investment to construct a new indoor track facility at Gately Park in the Pullman Neighborhood. Today’s announcement is part of Governor Quinn’s agenda to increase recreational opportunities, create jobs and drive Illinois’ economy forward.
- 10/17/2014 - Illinois Department of Public Health Provides Update on State’s Preparedness Efforts for Ebola
CHICAGO – Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) Director Dr. LaMar Hasbrouck, joined by local health department, hospital, health care and emergency response officials, held a media briefing today to update the public about Ebola preparedness efforts in Illinois.
- 10/17/2014 - Governor Quinn Visits Chicago Chocolate Business as Illinois Comeback Continues
CHICAGO – As Illinois’ unemployment rate continued falling to its lowest point in more than six years, Governor Pat Quinn today visited Vosges Haut-Chocolat in Chicago to discuss the state’s ongoing economic comeback. In September, Illinois’ unemployment rate dropped for the seventh consecutive month, from 6.7 to 6.6 percent, the lowest level since June 2008. Today’s event is part of the Governor’s agenda to create jobs and drive Illinois’ economy forward.
- 10/17/2014 - Governor Quinn Opens Hope Manor II, Expands Affordable Housing Options for Illinois’ Veterans
- 10/16/2014 - Study Finds Illinois Leads the Nation in Workers’ Comp Insurance Savings
- 10/16/2014 - Governor Quinn Breaks Ground on AAR Corporation Expansion in Rockford That Will Create 500 Jobs
- 10/16/2014 - Governor Quinn Announces $1 Million Investment in Chicago Innovation Exchange
- 10/15/2014 - OSFM and IFA To Loan $14 Million For The Purchase Of Fire Trucks
- 10/15/2014 - Illinois College Application Month is Underway at Over 85 High Schools
- 10/15/2014 - Illinois Department of Public Health Director Announces Plans for an Ebola Hotline