The State of Illinois News page provides access to the Illinois Government News Network and all state press releases.
- 12/18/2014 - Governor Quinn Announces Illinois’ Unemployment Rate Hits New Low
CHICAGO – Governor Pat Quinn today announced that Illinois’ unemployment rate fell to its lowest point in more than six years. Last month the state’s jobless rate fell to 6.4 percent, its lowest point since June 2008 and lower than when the Governor took office. In addition, the state added 2,300 jobs in November, for a total gain to approximately 300,000 jobs since the economic recovery started in February 2010.
- 12/18/2014 - Illinois Ranks #1 in Volunteer Rate Among the Country’s 8 Largest States
SPRINGFIELD, IL – The Serve Illinois Commission on Volunteerism and Community Service (Serve Illinois) is commending the state’s 2.57 million volunteers who made a difference through volunteerism last year. Illinois volunteers served nearly 320 million total hours, which is valued at $7.2 billion.
- 12/18/2014 - Law Enforcement, IDOT Make Final Push to Save Lives in 2014, Roadside Safety Checks Planned Over Holidays
SPRINGFIELD – A final, end-of-the-year push begins today to lead Illinois to far fewer motor vehicle fatalities than last year and the lowest annual fatality totals since 2009. The Illinois Department of Transportation (IDOT), Illinois State Police (ISP) and more than 230 law enforcement agencies across the state are participating in this comprehensive effort to save lives on Illinois roads at a time of year that can be one of the most deadly.
- 12/18/2014 - Governor Quinn Calls Legislative Special Session
- 12/17/2014 - Department of Insurance Announces Two Convictions Resulting from its Workers’ Compensation Fraud Investigations
- 12/16/2014 - Governor Quinn Statement Commemorating First Night of Hanukkah
- 12/12/2014 - Honoring Illinois Comptroller Judy Baar Topinka
- 12/12/2014 - Illinois Observes National Impaired Driving Prevention Month
- 12/12/2014 - The Illinois Office Of The State Fire Marshal Promotes Fire Safety During The Holiday Season
- 12/10/2014 - Governor Quinn Announces Illinois Wins $80 Million Federal Investment for Early Childhood Education