The State of Illinois News page provides access to the Illinois Government News Network and all state press releases.
- 05/29/2015 - First West Nile Virus Positive Mosquito in Illinois for 2015 Reported
SPRINGFIELD - The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) has confirmed the first West Nile virus positive mosquito batch reported in Illinois for 2015. St. Clair County Health Department employees collected a positive mosquito batch on May 26, 2015, in O’Fallon.
- 05/29/2015 - Honoring Illinois' Fallen
The Department of Central Management Services has received notice from Governor Rauner’s Office that all persons or entities covered by the Illinois Flag Display Act are to fly the flags at half-staff from Sunrise, Monday, June 1, 2015 until Sunset, Wednesday, June 3, 2015.
- 05/28/2015 - Celebrate National 529 Day with a College Illinois!® Savings Plan
CHICAGO – Tomorrow is National 529 Day, (literally, 5/29!), a day focused on raising awareness of how college savings and prepaid plans can help make college more affordable for families across the country. College Illinois!®, the state’s 529 Prepaid Tuition Plan, offers families a great way to start addressing the cost of tuition by prepaying for college tuition at today’s contract price. Illinois families have through June 1st to enroll and take advantage of reduced prices on all College Illinois! contracts.
- 05/27/2015 - State Announces Business Resource Event Coming to Aurora
- 05/26/2015 - Illinois EPA Pollution Prevention Interns begin Twelve Week Program at Illinois Facilities
- 05/26/2015 - Gulf War Veteran Reports for Duty as IDVA Women Vets Coordinator, Vet Business Champion
- 05/25/2015 - Vietnam Veteran Confirmed as IDVA Assistant Director
- 05/22/2015 - Governor Announces Appointments
- 05/22/2015 - The Illinois Department of Public Health Urges Illinoisans to Take Precautions Against West Nile Virus
- 05/21/2015 - Illinois Veterans’ Honor Memorial Day