The State of Illinois News page provides access to the Illinois Government News Network and all state press releases.
- 04/17/2015 - Illinoisans Receive Governor’s Volunteer Service Award
SPRINGFIELD – The Serve Illinois Commission on Volunteerism and Community Service will present 24 Illinoisans and four businesses with the Governor’s Volunteer Service Award during a special reception at the Hoogland Center for the Arts on April 20, 2015 at 1 p.m. The award recognizes volunteers and volunteer programs that have made a difference in Illinois and highlights the importance of volunteerism and community service.
- 04/16/2015 - Get Smart About College Planning During Money Smart Week®
CHICAGO– It’s tax time, and we’ve all got money on the mind. While completing our taxes might not be the most enjoyable task, it offers an opportunity to assess and set our priorities, and get a realistic look at how much we can save and invest. Many of us would like to make saving for college a priority, but the rising cost of tuition can make it seem impossible. As we enter national Money Smart Week® (April 18-25th), the College Illinois!® 529 Prepaid Tuition Program is offering some tips to help make college a reality for Illinois families.
- 04/15/2015 - Motorcycle Season Revs Up, Riders Urged to “Gear Up-Ride Smart”
SPRINGFIELD – Spring is rolling in, the weather is getting warmer and motorcycles are emerging from winter hibernation. Before riders hit the road, the Illinois Department of Transportation (IDOT) and the Illinois Motorcycle Dealers Association are reminding them to invest in their safety and “Gear Up-Ride Smart.”
- 04/14/2015 - Governor Rauner Extends Tax Filing and Payment Deadlines for Businesses and Individuals Impacted by Recent Tornado
- 04/14/2015 - State of Illinois Takes Action on Medical Cannabis Dispensary Applicants
- 04/14/2015 - State of Illinois Qualifies Additional Medical Cannabis Dispensary Applicants
- 04/14/2015 - ILLINOIS GROWN MEDICINE AWARDED CULTIVATION CENTER PERMIT IN DISTRICT C
- 04/14/2015 - IDOT’s Operation Teen Safe Driving Program Announces 2014-15 Winning Schools
- 04/13/2015 - IEMA, American Lung Association Announce Winners in Student Video, Poster Contests
- 04/10/2015 - Veterans Service Offices Closed Next Week