The State of Illinois News page provides access to the Illinois Government News Network and all state press releases.
- 09/30/2014 - Illinois Department of Public Health Reassures Illinoisans After First Ebola Case Confirmed in the U.S.
SPRINGFIELD – This afternoon the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) confirmed the first Ebola diagnosis in the United States in a patient in a Texas hospital. Illinois Department of Public Health Director Dr. LaMar Hasbrouck has this statement:
“While not easily transmittable, Ebola is a very serious virus. At this time, Ebola does not pose a great health risk to the people of Illinois. The Illinois Department of Public Health continues to work with the CDC, local health departments, hospitals and medical facilities to be vigilant for Ebola. IDPH has issued guidance to health care facilities and medical professionals on evaluating patients and lab specimen submission. Conducting surveillance for diseases, identifying potential cases, implementing infection control measures and stopping the spread of illness are core public health functions and we stand ready to protect the people of Illinois.
- 09/30/2014 - Liquor Control Commission September Underage Compliance Report
SPRINGFIELD – In September 2014, the Illinois Liquor Control Commission (ILCC) conducted compliance checks around the state and visited 325 businesses licensed to sell liquor. They cited 45 for violations of liquor control laws. Eighty-six percent of the licensees visited complied with Illinois liquor laws and refused to serve underage customers.
- 09/30/2014 - Governor Quinn Announces Successful First Year of Affordable Care Act Enrollment
CHICAGO – Governor Pat Quinn today announced that since open enrollment began nearly one year ago, more than 685,000 people across Illinois now have access to quality healthcare through the Affordable Care Act. State officials are gearing up to ensure even more residents sign up for healthcare in year two of the Affordable Care Act’s open enrollment period, which begins Nov. 15. Today’s announcement is part of Governor Quinn’s agenda to ensure all people have access to quality healthcare and improve the health and well-being of the people of Illinois.
- 09/29/2014 - WIC Program Changes Promote Healthy Food Choices
- 09/29/2014 - Governor Quinn and Uber Announce Major Chicago Headquarters Expansion
- 09/29/2014 - Governor Quinn Announces the Wait is Over for Chicago’s First Olive Garden Restaurant
- 09/27/2014 - Governor Quinn Proclaims “Paul Konerko Day” Across Illinois
- 09/25/2014 - Governor Quinn Presents Gene & Jude’s with Inaugural “Enjoy Illinois: Delicious Destination” Award
- 09/24/2014 - Governor Quinn Statement on Rosh Hashanah
- 09/24/2014 - Governor Quinn Announces Investment to Combat Homelessness Among Veterans