The Safety/Security News section provides access to all State of Illinois press releases that have been published about safety and security issues affecting the people of Illinois, as well as some of the most recent news releases from national and state agencies. For an additional source, please visit the Illinois Emergency Management Agency.
- 05/23/2013 - Governor Quinn Requests Federal Aid for Local Governments Affected by Flooding
SPRINGFIELD – Governor Pat Quinn today requested federal aid to help local governments in 25 Illinois counties recover from major flooding in April. Counties included in the request are Adams, Bureau, Clark, Cook, Crawford, DuPage, Fulton, Grundy, Henderson, Kendall, Knox, Lake, LaSalle, Livingston, Marshall, Mason, McHenry, Mercer, Ogle, Pike, Putnam, Rock Island, Stark, Warren and Woodford.
- 05/22/2013 - Governor Quinn Announces Federal Disaster Aid Approved for 14 Additional Counties
SPRINGFIELD – Governor Pat Quinn today announced 14 more counties were approved for federal disaster aid to help people and businesses recover from historic flooding in mid-April. Counties approved today include Bureau, Crawford, Henderson, Knox, Livingston, Marshall, Mason, McDonough, Peoria, Rock Island, Schuyler, Stark, Tazewell and Woodford. These add to 11 counties already approved for federal aid last week.
- 05/20/2013 - Statement from Governor Pat Quinn on Senate Committee Passage of Senate Bill 1002
SPRINGFIELD - Governor Pat Quinn today released the following statement regarding the passage of Senate Bill 1002 out of the Illinois Senate Executive Committee. Governor Quinn has been working to enact this common sense public safety policy since July 2012:
- 05/19/2013 - Newtown Parents Join Governor Quinn to Press Illinois Lawmakers on Gun Control
- 05/18/2013 - Governor Quinn Signs Legislation to Crack Down on Violent Flash Mobs
- 04/29/2013 - Governor Quinn Launches Flood Damage Assessments in Chicago
- 04/25/2013 - Governor Quinn Declares Four Additional Counties State Disaster Areas for Flooding
- 04/23/2013 - Governor Quinn Announces Tax Relief for Businesses and Families Impacted by Flooding