The Opportunity Returns News section provides access to all State of Illinois press releases that have been published about Opportunity Returns-related issues and news, ranging from announcements about new businesses and the creation of jobs, to business incentives and grant awards.
- 03/22/2011 - Governor Quinn Announces Major Agreement to Advance High-Speed Rail in Illinois
CHICAGO – March 22, 2011. Governor Pat Quinn today announced a $685 million agreement to begin
construction on the next phase of high-speed rail between Chicago and St. Louis. The federally funded project will create an estimated 6,200 direct and indirect jobs and move Illinois one step closer to faster trains and improved service along its signature high-speed route. Governor Quinn was joined at today’s announcement by U.S. Senator Dick Durbin, railroad workers and suppliers, Union Pacific Railroad officials, and federal, state, and local leaders.
- 01/27/2010 - Governor Quinn Announces Capital Funding For Wacker Drive Reconstruction Project
CHICAGO – January 27, 2010. Governor Pat Quinn today announced that construction will begin this April to completely reconstruct the north-south section of Chicago’s Wacker Drive. The three-year, $366 million project will result in more than 4,000 jobs to the area and will be maintained through the Chicago Department of Transportation.
- 01/27/2010 - Governor Quinn Announces Funding for NIU’s Cole Hall Construction, Stevens Building Renovations
DEKALB – January 27, 2010. Governor Pat Quinn today announced that Northern Illinois University (NIU) will get $8 million to renovate Cole Hall, which on Feb. 14, 2008 was the tragic scene of an unprovoked attack where five students were shot and 19 were wounded. An additional $2.3 million will be used to plan for the renovation of Stevens Building.
- 01/26/2010 - Governor Quinn Announces 1,200 New Jobs At Illinois-based Ford Motor Co. Plants
- 01/21/2010 - Governor Quinn Signs Legislation to Save 500 Peoria Jobs
- 12/14/2009 - Governor Quinn Unveils Illinois Jobs Action Plan
- 12/02/2009 - Governor Quinn Signs Bill to Tap New Federally-Backed Construction Funds
- 09/03/2009 - Governor Quinn Joins Groundbreaking at Transportation Hub in Joliet