The Health/Human Services News section provides access to all State of Illinois press releases that have been published relating to health and welfare for the people of Illinois, with issues ranging from prevention, to services, programs, and health announcements.
- 07/26/2016 - Two Cases of Legionnaires’ Disease Identified in Adams County
SPRINGFIELD - The Illinois Department of Veterans’ Affairs (IDVA) today announced that two residents of the Quincy Veterans’ Home have been diagnosed with Legionnaires’ disease. IDVA is working closely with the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH), the Adams County Health Department, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to determine where the residents acquired the Legionella bacteria, although a definitive source may never be identified. Senior administration officials with the IDVA, IDPH and Illinois Environmental Protection Agency are en route to Quincy to coordinate closely with veterans’ home, county and city personnel.
- 07/26/2016 - Zika Virus And The 2016 Summer Olympics
SPRINGFIELD – The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH), along with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), is offering travel recommendations to help those going to the 2016 Summer Olympics in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil protect themselves from the Zika virus.
- 07/20/2016 - Illinois Department of Public Health Safety Tips for Heat
SPRINGFIELD - With high temperatures expected over the next couple of days, Illinois Department of Public Health Director Nirav D. Shah, M.D., J.D. is urging Illinoisans to take preventive actions to avoid heat-related illness like heat exhaustion and heat stroke.
- 07/19/2016 - Travel Tips When Visiting Countries With Zika Virus
- 07/18/2016 - Illinois Agencies Announce Coordinated Mosquito Reduction Strategy
- 06/09/2016 - Illinois Department of Public Health Safety Tips for Heat
- 06/07/2016 - Illinois Department of Public Health Prepares for a Public Health Emergency
- 06/02/2016 - Consumer Advice For Recalled Flour Linked To Multistate E. coli Outbreak