The Health/Human Services News section provides access to all State of Illinois press releases that have been published relating to health and welfare for the people of Illinois, with issues ranging from prevention, to services, programs, and health announcements.
- 11/26/2014 - Governor Quinn Announces Investment in Stronghurst’s Eagle View Health Systems
STRONGHURST – Governor Pat Quinn today announced an investment of $52,345 to help Eagle View Health Systems improve health services they provide in Stronghurst. The funds, included in Governor Quinn’s Illinois Jobs Now! capital construction program, will allow the state to reduce healthcare spending and save taxpayers money. Today’s announcement is part of Governor Quinn’s agenda to ensure all people have access to quality healthcare and improve the health and well-being of people throughout Illinois.
- 11/25/2014 - Avoid Foodborne Illness This Holiday Season
CHICAGO – The season for family gatherings and festive meals is here, and with that comes the potential for foodborne illnesses, if the foods are not properly prepared and handled. Illinois Department of Public Health Director Dr. LaMar Hasbrouck offers this helpful advice to avoid getting sick:
“You should make sure your meats, including your Thanksgiving turkey, are completely thawed before you cook them. As you plan your meal, consider how much time you’ll need to thaw and cook your meats, and keep raw meat and poultry separate from food that’s ready to eat.”
- 11/20/2014 - Illinois Residents Asked to Put the Tobacco Down
CHICAGO – The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) is asking residents to make a commitment to stop smoking today – Thursday, November 20 – in support of the Great American Smokeout. This annual health observance challenges tobacco users across the nation to quit using tobacco for one day or make a plan to quit for good.
- 11/20/2014 - Governor Quinn Announces Investment in Joliet Community Health Center
- 11/20/2014 - Governor Quinn Announces Investment in Community Health Center in Harvard
- 11/17/2014 - State Health Department Promotes Diabetes Awareness and Prevention
- 10/30/2014 - Governor Quinn Announces Investment in Rock Falls Community Health Center
- 10/27/2014 - Governor Quinn Announces Investment in Health Center in Decatur