The Health/Human Services News section provides access to all State of Illinois press releases that have been published relating to health and welfare for the people of Illinois, with issues ranging from prevention, to services, programs, and health announcements.
- 04/17/2015 - Illinoisans Receive Governor’s Volunteer Service Award
SPRINGFIELD – The Serve Illinois Commission on Volunteerism and Community Service will present 24 Illinoisans and four businesses with the Governor’s Volunteer Service Award during a special reception at the Hoogland Center for the Arts on April 20, 2015 at 1 p.m. The award recognizes volunteers and volunteer programs that have made a difference in Illinois and highlights the importance of volunteerism and community service.
- 04/16/2015 - HFS and Advocate Health Care announce plan to ensure Medicaid coverage for nearly 100,000
Chicago – The largest Accountable Care Entity (ACE) in Illinois has finalized a plan with the Department of Healthcare and Family Services (HFS) to provide ongoing care to nearly 100,000 Illinoisans, the department announces today.
Working under the framework of Governor Bruce Rauner’s proposed budget, Downers Grove-based Advocate Health Care, accelerated its transition to become a fully operational, and risk-based, Medicaid care provider.
- 04/14/2015 - ILLINOIS GROWN MEDICINE AWARDED CULTIVATION CENTER PERMIT IN DISTRICT C
SPRINGFIELD –The Illinois Department of Agriculture (IDOA) announced today that Illinois Grown Medicine, LLC, has been awarded a cultivation center permit in District C.
- 04/06/2015 - Illinois’ Medical Cannabis Advisory Board Reviewing 14 Additional Conditions or Diseases
- 03/31/2015 - IDHS Prescription Monitoring program helps control prescription drugs abuse in Illinois
- 03/27/2015 - USDA Awards Grant to Illinois' JTED-SNAP Employment & Training Grant
- 03/26/2015 - Health Matters: 2015 Illinois Minority Health Efforts
- 03/24/2015 - Know, Act, Treat - Eliminate Tuberculosis!