The Health/Human Services News section provides access to all State of Illinois press releases that have been published relating to health and welfare for the people of Illinois, with issues ranging from prevention, to services, programs, and health announcements.
- 03/26/2015 - Health Matters: 2015 Illinois Minority Health Efforts
LISLE – Building on the idea that community empowerment is one of the strongest strategies to improve public health, the 2015 Illinois Minority Health Conference, hosted by the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) Center for Minority Health Services and the Illinois Public Health Association earlier this week, offered sessions focused on community health workers, strategies to develop effective partnerships, and conducting outreach to specific minority populations.
- 03/24/2015 - Know, Act, Treat - Eliminate Tuberculosis!
SPRINGFIELD – Governor Bruce Rauner has issued a proclamation declaring that Illinois will observe World TB Day, on March 24, 2015. The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) observes this day annually to encourage Illinoisans to learn about TB and to help stop the spread of the disease. Illinois ranks sixth in the nation for the highest number of TB cases.
- 02/26/2015 - IDHS helps more than 5,000 individuals with disabilities find jobs
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois – More people with disabilities are finding jobs with help from a special program operated by the Illinois Department of Human Services (IDHS) Division of Rehabilitation Services (DRS). The Vocational Rehabilitation (VR) program helped 5,291 individuals with significant disabilities find gainful employment in 2014. This figure represents a 5.1 percent increase over the number achieved in the same time period last fiscal year.
- 02/09/2015 - FOID Mental Health Reporting System Receives Thousands of Reports in First Year
- 02/06/2015 - Illinois Department of Public Health Confirms 6 Cases of Measles in Illinois
- 02/05/2015 - Statement from Public Health Officials in Illinois and Cook County
- 01/28/2015 - IDHS reminds eligible workers to take advantage of free tax help and the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC)
- 01/27/2015 - One Confirmed Case of Measles in Illinois