The Governor's Office News page provides access to all press releases from the Governor's Press Office, addressing topics such as education, budget issues, Illinois resources, public safety, health care, and much more.
- 10/22/2014 - Governor Quinn Announces Ebola Task Force
CHICAGO – Governor Pat Quinn today announced a task force that will help ensure the public health system across Illinois is prepared for the Ebola virus. The task force was established through Executive Order with the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) and includes members representing health care, local public health, emergency responders, the Illinois State Board of Health, state agencies and others to further strengthen our ability to respond to Ebola. Today’s announcement is part of Governor Quinn’s agenda to protect the health of the people of Illinois.
- 10/21/2014 - Governor Quinn Statement on Positive Economic News
CHICAGO – Governor Pat Quinn today issued a statement regarding the latest economic information released by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. The information made available today showed that last month Illinois led the Midwest – and was second in the nation – in job creation. It also found that Illinois has seen the nation’s largest drop in unemployment over the last year. In September, Illinois’ unemployment rate dropped for the seventh consecutive month, from 6.7 to 6.6 percent, the lowest level since June 2008 and down from 11.4 percent at the peak of the recession. In the last two months Illinois employers have created more than 40,000 jobs.
- 10/18/2014 - Governor Quinn Announces Investments for Stormwater Management Projects in Cook County Communities
BERWYN – Governor Pat Quinn today announced investments for stormwater management projects in Berwyn, Forest Park and Westchester from his Illinois Jobs Now! capital construction program. Today’s announcement is part of Governor Quinn’s agenda to protect the environment by modernizing Illinois’ water infrastructure, create jobs and drive Illinois’ economy forward.
- 10/18/2014 - Governor Quinn and Mayor Emanuel Announce $20 Million Investment for Gately Park in Chicago
- 10/18/2014 - Governor Quinn Announces Investment in State-of-the-Art Science Labs at Saint Xavier University
- 10/18/2014 - Governor Quinn Announces Improvements for Chicago’s Harrison Park Field House
- 10/18/2014 - Governor Quinn Announces Expansion at LaGrange Recreation Center
- 10/18/2014 - Governor Quinn Announces Road Improvement Project in Cicero