The Governor's Office News page provides access to all press releases from the Governor's Press Office, addressing topics such as education, budget issues, Illinois resources, public safety, health care, and much more.
- 11/26/2014 - Governor Pat Quinn Takes Clemency Action
CHICAGO – Governor Pat Quinn today granted 126 and denied 185 clemency petitions. After inheriting more than 2,500 cases that built up during the previous administration, the Governor continues to make significant progress acting on clemencies.
- 11/26/2014 - Governor Quinn Announces Investment to Help Regional Food Banks Better Serve Those in Need
CHICAGO – Governor Pat Quinn today announced a $4.48 million investment to help the eight regional Feeding Illinois food banks and their network of food pantries, soup kitchens and shelters better serve more than 1.9 million residents who use their services each year. The investment will provide a 21st century digital infrastructure in each of the state’s food banks and with the 1,885 member agencies they support to more quickly deliver emergency food assistance to those who need it the most. Today’s announcement is part of Governor Quinn’s agenda to protect and improve the health of the people of Illinois.
- 11/26/2014 - Governor Quinn Announces $119.5 Million Investments for Chicago Area Construction Projects
CHICAGO – Governor Pat Quinn today announced investments of more than $119.5 million for construction projects in the Chicago area. The road, bridge and college projects in Cook, DuPage, Kane, Lake, McHenry and Will Counties are all part of his $31 billion Illinois Jobs Now! capital construction program, and address critical infrastructure needs in central Illinois.
- 11/26/2014 - Governor Quinn Announces $18.2 Million Investments for Eastern Illinois Construction Projects
- 11/26/2014 - Governor Quinn Announces Investment in Stronghurst’s Eagle View Health Systems
- 11/26/2014 - Governor Quinn Announces $1.1 Million Investment for Kankakee River State Park Construction Project
- 11/26/2014 - Governor Quinn Announces $48.9 Million Investments for Metro East Area Construction Projects
- 11/26/2014 - Governor Quinn Announces $8.3 Million Investments for Northern Illinois Construction Projects