The Governor's Office News page provides access to all press releases from the Governor's Press Office, addressing topics such as education, budget issues, Illinois resources, public safety, health care, and much more.
- 01/23/2015 - Governor announces latest round of agency appointments
SPRINGFIELD - Governor Bruce Rauner announced today he has made a number of cabinet secretary and agency board appointments. Today’s appointments include the Illinois Department of Labor, the Illinois Department of Human Rights, the Illinois State Police, the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation and the Illinois Department of Central Management Services. Governor Rauner also announced he hired the administration’s Public Safety Director.
- 01/22/2015 - Rauner announces “Turnaround Team”
CHICAGO – Following a presentation at the University of Chicago, where he laid out a number of structural issues facing Illinois, Governor Bruce Rauner today announced his Turnaround Team, a group of extremely talented individuals who have deep experience in management, budgets, and streamlining bureaucracies.
- 01/19/2015 - Governor Rauner signs Executive Order for Minority and Veteran Empowerment
CHICAGO – Governor Bruce Rauner signed Executive Order 15-12 today designed to help bring more economic opportunities to minorities and veterans.
“Illinois is an incredibly diverse state, and we benefit from that diversity,” Gov. Rauner said. “But the unemployment rate for minorities and veterans is way too high. This Executive Order will help reveal some of the causes and identify ways to solve this injustice.”
- 01/16/2015 - Governor Rauner Announces Second Round of Appointments
- 01/15/2015 - Governor Rauner signs Executive Order for hiring transparency
- 01/14/2015 - Statement on start of 99th General Assembly
- 01/13/2015 - Governor Rauner signs Executive Order for ethical and responsive government
- 01/12/2015 - Governor Rauner signs first Executive Order addressing state’s fiscal crisis