The Governor's Office News page provides access to all press releases from the Governor's Press Office, addressing topics such as education, budget issues, Illinois resources, public safety, health care, and much more.
- 12/19/2014 - Governor Quinn Appoints Jerry Stermer as Illinois Comptroller
CHICAGO – Governor Pat Quinn today announced the appointment of state Budget Director Jerry Stermer as Illinois Comptroller following the unexpected passing of Judy Baar Topinka. Stermer will serve as Comptroller on an interim basis to ensure that state operations continue uninterrupted and will resign from the post on Jan. 12, 2015.
- 12/18/2014 - Governor Quinn Announces Illinois’ Unemployment Rate Hits New Low
CHICAGO – Governor Pat Quinn today announced that Illinois’ unemployment rate fell to its lowest point in more than six years. Last month the state’s jobless rate fell to 6.4 percent, its lowest point since June 2008 and lower than when the Governor took office. In addition, the state added 2,300 jobs in November, for a total gain to approximately 300,000 jobs since the economic recovery started in February 2010.
- 12/18/2014 - Governor Quinn Calls Legislative Special Session
CHICAGO – Governor Pat Quinn today called legislators back to Springfield on Jan. 8, 2015, to consider legislation that would allow voters to fill the elected position of Illinois Comptroller. A special election will give voters the opportunity to choose their Comptroller in the next statewide election on Nov. 8, 2016. The primary election is scheduled for March 15, 2016. Governor Quinn issued the following statement:
- 12/16/2014 - Governor Quinn Statement Commemorating First Night of Hanukkah
- 12/12/2014 - Honoring Illinois Comptroller Judy Baar Topinka
- 12/10/2014 - Governor Quinn Statement on the Passing of Comptroller Judy Baar Topinka
- 12/10/2014 - Governor Quinn Announces Illinois Wins $80 Million Federal Investment for Early Childhood Education
- 12/09/2014 - Governor Quinn Launches “Warm Our Heroes” Collection Drive for Veterans and Their Families