Governor Quinn has ordered that all persons or entitities covered by the Illinois Flag Display Act are to fly the flag of the United States of America and Illinois flags at half-staff from sunrise to sunset on the day of the funeral of every fallen Illinois soldier and the two days preceding that day. For more information or questions regarding flag protocol, please contact Mike Claffey at 312-814-3957 or via email at email@example.com.
Sign me up for the Flag Honors e-News Summaries
- 02/18/2014 - Lower the flags at half-staff on behalf of: Michael Holmes of the Illinois Department of Transportation
Please lower the United States flags and the State flags from: Sunrise: Wednesday, February 19, 2014 until Sunset, Friday, February 21, 2014
- 01/30/2014 - Flag Honors Mr. Vincent Petrella of the Illinois Tollway
Lower the United States and Illinois flags to half-staff from: Sunrise, Sunday, February 2, 2014 until
Sunset, Tuesday, February 4, 2014
- 12/24/2013 - Flag lowering in honor of Investigator Cuauhtemoc Estrada
United States and Illinois flags at half-staff from sunrise, Thursday, December 26 until sunset, Saturday, December 28, 2013.
- 12/06/2013 - Flag lowering in honor of Nelson Mandela
- 12/05/2013 - Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day Flag lowering
- 11/19/2013 - Lowering of Flags - The 50th Anniversary of the Assassination of President John F. Kennedy
- 11/01/2013 - Lowering of Flags - Officer Casey Kohlmeier of the Pontiac Police Department
- 10/29/2013 - honoring Thomas S. Foley
former Speaker of the House of Representatives