The Environment News section provides access to all State of Illinois press releases that have been published about conservation and the environment, addressing topics ranging from preservation strategies, to prevention and restoration issues.
- 04/22/2013 - State Marks “No Print Day” on April 22
CHICAGO—During Earth Week in April, Illinois is marking Earth Day, April 22, as “No Print Day” to draw attention to the overuse of paper and on how to reduce paper consumption overall.
“On ‘No Print Day,’ we encourage employees to re-examine the need for printing, copying or faxing documents,” said CMS Director Malcolm E. Weems. “The State ¬of Illinois is committed to protecting the environment and increasing efficiency.”
- 04/15/2013 - Governor Quinn Announces Kankakee Clean Water Project to Create 600 Construction Jobs
KANKAKEE - Governor Pat Quinn today announced a $21.5 million investment for a major upgrade of the Kankakee River Metropolitan Agency (KRMA) wastewater treatment plant that will create more than 600 construction jobs in the area. This announcement is part of Governor Quinn’s agenda to drive Illinois’ economy forward and protect the environment by modernizing Illinois’ water infrastructure. Funded by a low-interest loan through Governor Quinn’s $1 billion Illinois Clean Water Initiative (ICWI), the project will help prevent pollutants from entering the Kankakee River and meet the clean water needs of 70,000 people.
- 02/21/2013 - Governor Quinn Statement on New Fracking Regulation Proposal
SPRINGFIELD – February 21, 2013. Governor Pat Quinn released the below statement following today’s introduction of House Bill 2615 to create a regulatory framework for hydraulic fracking. The governor directed members of his cabinet to help negotiate the bill to ensure the strongest environmental protections possible.
- 02/11/2013 - Governor Quinn Announces Clean Water Project to Create 2,000 Jobs and Protect Environment
- 01/30/2013 - Governor Quinn Announces Illinois Ranked Fourth State Nationally in Green Building Survey
- 01/16/2013 - Governor Quinn Announces First Chicago Project Out of $1 Billion Illinois Clean Water Initiative
- 12/04/2012 - Governor Quinn Announces First Project of Illinois Clean Water Initiative
- 11/30/2012 - Illinois EPA Releases Air Quality Report for 2011