The Education News section provides access to all State of Illinois press releases that have been published relating to all levels of education, ranging from school funding, to opportunities for learning, and the status of education in Illinois.
- 10/16/2014 - Governor Quinn Announces $598,000 for Work on University of Illinois Springfield Campus
SPRINGFIELD – Governor Pat Quinn today announced a capital investment of more than $598,000 for construction projects on the University of Illinois Springfield (UIS) campus. The investment, funded by the Governor’s Illinois Jobs Now! construction program, is part of Governor Quinn’s agenda to support colleges and universities in Illinois.
- 10/15/2014 - Illinois College Application Month is Underway at Over 85 High Schools
DEERFIELD, IL – Completing college applications can seem pretty overwhelming, especially for those students who might be the first in their family to attend college. But there’s help available—especially in the month of October, when high schools across Illinois hold special college application workshops and events as part of their participation in College Application Month.
- 10/10/2014 - Governor Quinn Dedicates University of Illinois Electrical and Computer Engineering Building
URBANA – Governor Pat Quinn today was joined by University of Illinois President Robert Easter to dedicate the new Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE) Building on the University’s Urbana campus. The $95 million facility will enhance educational opportunities, fuel job-creating research breakthroughs in computing, communications, nanotechnology and biotechnology, and set a new standard for energy efficient buildings. The project was funded by Governor Quinn’s Illinois Jobs Now! capital construction program and private donations, and created more than 620 jobs during construction.
- 10/02/2014 - Governor Quinn Announces $17.4 Million for University of Illinois Chicago Campus Upgrades
- 09/24/2014 - Governor Quinn Announces Capital Investments in Three Illinois Colleges
- 09/15/2014 - Quinn Administration Breaks Ground on New Mt. Vernon High School
- 09/12/2014 - Governor Quinn Announces $1.46 Million Investment in Southeastern Illinois College’s Carmi Campus
- 09/11/2014 - Governor Quinn Announces $6.1 Million for Spoon River College Multipurpose Building