The Education News section provides access to all State of Illinois press releases that have been published relating to all levels of education, ranging from school funding, to opportunities for learning, and the status of education in Illinois.
- 07/28/2016 - College Changes Everything™ Conference Highlights Critical Role Of Higher Education In Economic Recovery And Growth
CHICAGO –Almost 450 professionals, including education, government, private and non-profit leaders, came together on July 21st at the sixth annual College Changes Everything™ (CCE) Conference in Tinley Park, to learn from each other and collectively help advance efforts to improve college access and attainment in Illinois.
- 07/12/2016 - 2016 College Changes Everything™ Conference: Aligning College Attainment And Employer Engagement For Economic Growth
CHICAGO – As Illinois enters the new fiscal year with ongoing budget uncertainty, it is critical that educators, policy makers, and others focused on higher education come together to collaborate on a path to success for Illinois students. The economic future of the state is inextricably tied to the strength of its workforce—in itself dependent in large part on higher education here in Illinois. Join Illinois educators, government, business and non-profit leaders, other professionals and students at the Sixth Annual College Changes Everything™ Conference on July 21st in Tinley Park for a day of learning, discussion, and sharing of resources to support collaborative efforts to improve college access and completion and forge a better future for Illinois.
- 05/25/2016 - Jumpstart College Planning and Celebrate National 529 Day with a College Illinois!® Prepaid Tuition Plan
CHICAGO – Sunday is National 529 Day, (literally, 5/29!), a day focused on raising awareness of how college savings and prepaid plans can help make college more affordable for families across the country. College Illinois!®, the state’s 529 Prepaid Tuition Plan, offers Illinois families a flexible, tax-advantaged way to lock in the cost of tuition by prepaying at today’s plan rates. Illinois families have through May 31st to enroll in a plan that can help make college possible for a child or grandchild.
- 05/16/2016 - College Illinois!® 529 Day Sweepstakes: Win a Free Semester of College!
- 02/08/2016 - February Is Financial Aid Awareness Month: File Your FAFSA Now To Be Eligible For Financial Aid!
- 10/05/2015 - October Is Illinois College Application Month!
- 09/15/2015 - Schools Encouraged to Participate in International Walk to School Day
- 08/12/2015 - School Immunizations – New Certificate of Religious Exemption Requirement