The Education News section provides access to all State of Illinois press releases that have been published relating to all levels of education, ranging from school funding, to opportunities for learning, and the status of education in Illinois.
- 04/16/2015 - Get Smart About College Planning During Money Smart Week®
CHICAGO– It’s tax time, and we’ve all got money on the mind. While completing our taxes might not be the most enjoyable task, it offers an opportunity to assess and set our priorities, and get a realistic look at how much we can save and invest. Many of us would like to make saving for college a priority, but the rising cost of tuition can make it seem impossible. As we enter national Money Smart Week® (April 18-25th), the College Illinois!® 529 Prepaid Tuition Program is offering some tips to help make college a reality for Illinois families.
- 03/20/2015 - Governor Announces Appointments
CHICAGO – Governor Bruce Rauner announced today he has appointed the Illinois Secretary of Education and the Illinois Fire Marshal. He also made appointments to the Illinois Gaming Board, the Metropolitan Pier and Exposition Board and the Executive Ethics Commission.
- 03/17/2015 - College Illinois!® 529 Prepaid Tuition Program Announces Draw Your Dreams Coloring Contest For Kids
CHICAGO- College Illinois!®, the state’s only 529 prepaid tuition program, has announced its first "Draw your Dreams" coloring contest, offering future college students an opportunity to win one of three $529 gift cards. College Illinois! offers families a unique, flexible, and tax advantaged option in planning for the cost of college, and the contest is one of the many ways the program seeks to foster early college awareness and planning.
- 03/05/2015 - Statewide Financial Aid Workshops Help Improve Illinois FAFSA® Completion Rates
- 02/03/2015 - Financial Aid Awareness Month Events Can Help Students Get To College
- 01/27/2015 - Illinois Student Assistance Commission Partners With Cappex To Provide College And Scholarship Search Tool To College Bound Students
- 12/10/2014 - Governor Quinn Announces Illinois Wins $80 Million Federal Investment for Early Childhood Education
- 12/02/2014 - Illinois Student Assistance Commission Announces 2015-16 Illinois State Scholars