The Economic Development News section provides access to all State of Illinois press releases that have been published about economic developments and promoting Illinois business and communities, including opportunities for growth and information on Illinois economics.
- 05/14/2013 - Governor Quinn Announces FedEx Ground Distribution Center to Open in Sauget
SAUGET – Governor Pat Quinn today announced that FedEx Corporation will invest $23.5 million to build a new Fedex Ground distribution center in Sauget, Illinois which will create 175 full-time and permanent part-time jobs for local workers. The announcement is part of Governor Quinn’s agenda to create jobs and drive the Illinois economy forward. Illinois’ transportation network, world-class infrastructure and highly skilled workforce were key factors in the company’s decision to build in Sauget.
- 05/01/2013 - Governor Quinn Announces Illinois Coal Exports Set Record in 2012, Fuel Economic Growth
SPRINGFIELD – Governor Pat Quinn today released a new report that forecasts continued major export growth for the Illinois coal industry due do the state’s large volumes of coal, competitive prices, and access to prime water and land transportation routes. Illinois coal output rose last year against the tide of shrinking U.S. production, as global demand for Illinois coal soared. The report and its recommendations support Governor Quinn’s five-year-plan to double exports by 2014 and to continue providing an export-friendly business climate in Illinois.
- 04/26/2013 - Governor Quinn Announces Largest Midwest Furniture Retailer Expanding Into Illinois
CHICAGO – Governor Pat Quinn today announced that Art Van Furniture, the Midwest’s largest furniture retailer, will expand into the Chicago area with new retail and distribution locations, bringing approximately 600 new jobs to the area. The announcement is part of Governor Quinn’s agenda to drive Illinois economy forward and create jobs. He was joined by Art Van Elslander, founder and chairman of Art Van Furniture, to make the announcement at the future store location in Lincoln Park.
- 04/18/2013 - North American Lighting Headquarters Expanding in Paris
- 04/16/2013 - Governor Quinn Breaks Ground on Grundfos’ New North American Headquarters in Downers Grove
- 04/12/2013 - Governor Quinn Announces Record $184 Million Year for Illinois Film Industry
- 04/03/2013 - Governor Quinn’s Trade Mission to Mexico to Boost Illinois Tourism
- 04/02/2013 - Governor Quinn to Lead Trade Mission to Mexico