The Economic Development News section provides access to all State of Illinois press releases that have been published about economic developments and promoting Illinois business and communities, including opportunities for growth and information on Illinois economics.
- 10/29/2014 - Governor Quinn Announces Cronus Has Chosen Illinois for New $1.4 Billion Fertilizer Plant
TUSCOLA – Governor Pat Quinn today was joined by company officials to announce that Cronus Fertilizers, a much-anticipated $1.4 billion fertilizer plant, will be built in Tuscola. Following a search process that included 76 sites in nine states, Cronus has chosen Illinois to expand their business with a new facility that will create approximately 2,000 construction jobs and 175 permanent jobs.
- 10/28/2014 - Governor Quinn, Senator Durbin and Amazon Announce 1,000 Full-Time Jobs in Illinois
CHICAGO – Governor Pat Quinn, U.S. Senator Dick Durbin and Amazon.com Inc. today announced plans to create more than 1,000 full-time jobs and $75 million in investment in Illinois. Amazon is beginning site selection activities and it plans to open its first facility in Illinois next year.
- 10/27/2014 - Governor Quinn Announces Coyote Logistics to Expand in Illinois, Create 500 New Jobs
CHICAGO – Governor Pat Quinn today announced that Chicago-based transportation and logistics provider Coyote Logistics has chosen to expand its headquarters in Illinois, adding 500 full-time jobs at its Logan Square facility. The announcement follows news from last week that Illinois was second in the nation and led the Midwest for job growth in September. Today’s event is part of Governor Quinn’s agenda to create jobs and drive Illinois’ economy forward.
- 10/24/2014 - Governor Quinn Announces Winners of 2014 Illinois Export Awards
- 10/21/2014 - Governor Quinn Announces Innovative Lighting Manufacturer Expanding in Illinois
- 10/17/2014 - Governor Quinn Visits Chicago Chocolate Business as Illinois Comeback Continues
- 10/14/2014 - Governor Quinn Joins 1871 to Open Major Expansion of Chicago’s Digital Startup Hub
- 10/12/2014 - Governor Quinn Announces Illinois to Receive More Than $26 Million Award to Support Small Businesses