The Economic Development News section provides access to all State of Illinois press releases that have been published about economic developments and promoting Illinois business and communities, including opportunities for growth and information on Illinois economics.
- 10/17/2014 - Governor Quinn Visits Chicago Chocolate Business as Illinois Comeback Continues
CHICAGO – As Illinois’ unemployment rate continued falling to its lowest point in more than six years, Governor Pat Quinn today visited Vosges Haut-Chocolat in Chicago to discuss the state’s ongoing economic comeback. In September, Illinois’ unemployment rate dropped for the seventh consecutive month, from 6.7 to 6.6 percent, the lowest level since June 2008. Today’s event is part of the Governor’s agenda to create jobs and drive Illinois’ economy forward.
- 10/14/2014 - Governor Quinn Joins 1871 to Open Major Expansion of Chicago’s Digital Startup Hub
CHICAGO - Governor Pat Quinn today was joined by 1871 CEO Howard A. Tullman to officially open a major expansion of the innovative digital startup hub. The $2.5 million expansion, funded by the Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity (DCEO), will increase 1871's current size by 50 percent and create space for alumni companies, venture capital firms and several incubators, accelerators and programs. In total, the new space will allow 1871 to house approximately 400 companies within The Merchandise Mart. The announcement is part of Governor Quinn’s agenda to create jobs and drive Illinois’ economy forward.
- 10/12/2014 - Governor Quinn Announces Illinois to Receive More Than $26 Million Award to Support Small Businesses
CHICAGO – Governor Pat Quinn today announced that the U.S. Treasury Department has awarded $26.64 million to Illinois to expand the state’s efforts to support small businesses and economic development. The award recognizes Illinois’ success in creating and expanding opportunities for small businesses and helps the state partner with local banks to ensure that small businesses have access to necessary credit. Today’s announcement is part of Governor Quinn’s agenda to foster small business growth in Illinois.
- 10/10/2014 - Governor Quinn Announces 500 New Jobs at Growing Technology Firm
- 10/03/2014 - Quinn Administration Celebrates Illinois’ Top Industry on National Manufacturing Day
- 09/29/2014 - Governor Quinn and Uber Announce Major Chicago Headquarters Expansion
- 09/18/2014 - Governor Quinn Visits Chicago’s Hydro, Inc. as Illinois’ Unemployment Rate Continues to Drop
- 09/17/2014 - Governor Quinn Announces Aluminum Company Will Locate in Southern Illinois