The Economic Development News section provides access to all State of Illinois press releases that have been published about economic developments and promoting Illinois business and communities, including opportunities for growth and information on Illinois economics.
- 11/17/2014 - Governor Quinn Visits Washington and Brookport Communities on Anniversary of Deadly Tornadoes
WASHINGTON – One year after deadly tornadoes devastated several areas of Illinois, Governor Pat Quinn today visited two of Illinois’ hardest-hit communities, Washington and Brookport, to visit with families and participate in the dedication of a new memorial to mark the tragedy. The Governor also announced additional state recovery assistance to aid the two communities who are still in the process of rebuilding and recovery one year later.
- 11/13/2014 - Staffing company Medix selects downtown Chicago for its expansion
CHICAGO—Medix, a professional recruitment firm cited as among the fastest growing private businesses in the country, will expand, moving its headquarters to downtown Chicago and creating 50 jobs at that office within the next two years, the Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity (DCEO) said today.
- 10/29/2014 - Governor Quinn Announces Cronus Has Chosen Illinois for New $1.4 Billion Fertilizer Plant
TUSCOLA – Governor Pat Quinn today was joined by company officials to announce that Cronus Fertilizers, a much-anticipated $1.4 billion fertilizer plant, will be built in Tuscola. Following a search process that included 76 sites in nine states, Cronus has chosen Illinois to expand their business with a new facility that will create approximately 2,000 construction jobs and 175 permanent jobs.
- 10/28/2014 - Governor Quinn, Senator Durbin and Amazon Announce 1,000 Full-Time Jobs in Illinois
- 10/27/2014 - Governor Quinn Announces Coyote Logistics to Expand in Illinois, Create 500 New Jobs
- 10/24/2014 - Governor Quinn Announces Winners of 2014 Illinois Export Awards
- 10/21/2014 - Governor Quinn Announces Innovative Lighting Manufacturer Expanding in Illinois
- 10/17/2014 - Governor Quinn Visits Chicago Chocolate Business as Illinois Comeback Continues