The Economic Development News section provides access to all State of Illinois press releases that have been published about economic developments and promoting Illinois business and communities, including opportunities for growth and information on Illinois economics.
- 09/01/2015 - Governor Bruce Rauner Proclaims Workforce Development Week
SPRINGFIELD – Governor Bruce Rauner proclaimed this week, August 31 – September 6, 2015, Workforce Development Week in Illinois to highlight the vital role education and training play in helping Illinois residents prepare for in-demand careers, that provide employers with a skilled, qualified workforce to grow our state’s economy. Workforce Development Week celebrates a new era of collaboration and coordination of federal, state and local resources and workforce development programs under the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA), which went into effect July 1, 2015.
- 05/19/2015 - Four Illinois Companies Awarded the 2015 President’s “E” Award
CHICAGO - U.S. Commerce Secretary Penny Pritzer presented the 2015 President’s “E” Award to 45 American companies that have made significant strides in expanding U.S. exports. Four of the companies honored, Garrett Popcorn, Sumac, MB Financial and the Illinois SDBC International Trader Center at Governors State University, are located in Illinois and have worked with the Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity’s Office of Trade and Investment (DCEO-OTI) to expand and make their business globally competitive.
- 05/07/2015 - Governor Announces Fourth Consecutive Year of Record-Breaking Visitors to Illinois in 2014
SPRINGFIELD – Governor Bruce Rauner today announced a record-breaking number of visitors traveled to Illinois in 2014, topping out at 107.44 million in total domestic travelers. It is a 3.8 percent increase over 2013, and the fourth consecutive year of record-breaking visitor numbers. One of the strongest growth sectors in 2014 was leisure travel, with day and overnight leisure visitors up 4.3 percent from 2013.
- 04/29/2015 - Governor Rauner Proclaims April 29 as Innovation Day in Illinois
- 01/21/2015 - Commerce Department to Review Proposals for Enterprise Zones
- 11/17/2014 - Governor Quinn Visits Washington and Brookport Communities on Anniversary of Deadly Tornadoes
- 11/13/2014 - Staffing company Medix selects downtown Chicago for its expansion
- 10/29/2014 - Governor Quinn Announces Cronus Has Chosen Illinois for New $1.4 Billion Fertilizer Plant